PDA

View Full Version : Hoopoe.

Haim Ziv
06-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Mark IV 600 mm f5.6 1/4000 ISO400 blind.
Lying on the ground.
Israel south, morning time.

Thank you.

Joe Senzatimore
06-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Great sction captured in beautiful light. Love the comp. as well. I might take some off the bottom as I find that there is too much OOF foreground.

Daniel Cadieux
06-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Good action with the prey in the bill. I like the colours, and the techs look good. I agree with taking some off the bottom to hide much of the solid coluor down there...I'd take at least 2/3rds of it away. The resulting pano crop would look good IMO.

Doug Brown
06-05-2011, 04:00 PM
Great timing and a nice pose. Always good to get low, but I would have liked to see the feet. I think the crop suggested above would help.

Jim Crosswell
06-05-2011, 08:10 PM
I like the action, sharpness and complimentary BG. Another vote for cropping out some of the OOF foreground.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
06-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Haim,

Greetings. Great action. Wish for a bit of contrast between the soil color & the feather color. Perhaps:94443

Color samples show some separation in Lab a channel between soil and feathers.
Convert to Lab Mode, a channel curve only, to increase the separation.

An idea...

Cheers,

-Michael-

Haim Ziv
06-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Haim,

Greetings. Great action. Wish for a bit of contrast between the soil color & the feather color. Perhaps:94443

Color samples show some separation in Lab a channel between soil and feathers.
Convert to Lab Mode, a channel curve only, to increase the separation.

An idea...

Cheers,

-Michael-

Thank you all and thank you Michael for your effort.
Sorry I can't except this version, the color is not nature.
The feather color looks very bad.
Sorry!!!

Stu Bowie
06-06-2011, 10:18 AM
Good low angle, and taking off the bottom will definately put this up a notch. Well timed for the action, and I like the overall colours.

Mark Itol
06-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Haim, I love the low angle and the action. Would consider trimming the OOF foreground at the bottom.

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
06-06-2011, 01:06 PM
Thank you all and thank you Michael for your effort.
Sorry I can't except this version, the color is not nature.
The feather color looks very bad.
Sorry!!!

Sure, okay... but the feather color was largely unchanged, the change was in the soil color.

Cheers,

-Michael-

Craig Brelsford
06-06-2011, 10:07 PM
A pano crop would be just the thing for this otherwise good shot. The redo by Michael is inaccurate but instructive; it may show that a person needs to have some experience with a bird before he knows its "true colors."