PDA

View Full Version : New Camera.

bhavya joshi
06-05-2011, 11:53 AM
Hello everyone..

I want to buy new DSLR kit+ macro lens. For macro photography. and
my budget is 1,516$ so, canon or nikon..??
which camera gives me more 100% result.?

Pl.suggested me to buy new camera and lens.

Thanks.:S3:

Steve Maxson
06-06-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi Joshi.
Here are some options in the Canon line to get the ball rolling. I did a quick check of B&H prices on DSLR bodies and macro lens and here are some that might be within your budget.
Bodies:
Rebel T1i - $599
Rebel T2i - $699
Rebel T3i - $799
60D - $999

Lenses:
100 mm Macro IS USM - $999
100 mm Macro USM - $599
EF-S 60 mm Macro USM - $449

I think any of these combinations will be capable of producing outstanding macro images. Ken Childs, for example, is getting great results with a Rebel T1i body - showing that you don't need the most expensive body to achieve high quality results.

Roman Kurywczak
06-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey Joshi,
Besides the excellent recommendations by Steve on the bodies in your budget range.....you can get Sigma's macro 100mm for $479 or Tamron's 90mm for $459 with a Rebate or $50 for a final price of $409. Go for tamron's 180mm (love the extra working distance) for $689. Sigma is coming out with a new 150mm macro that isn't quite available yet......and that will be almost $1,000 and will put you over budget. You can always see if you can still get the Sigma 180mm macro.....but it is discontinued but should be available for around $680 also.
If you go with the Rebel T1i and the Tamron macro.......you can get the Canon MT24 twin lights $800 but that also puts you $300 over your budget. Just another option for you to consider.

Good luck and looking forward tot he images if you decide to go and and get it!

bhavya joshi
06-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks for helping me Roman And Steve,
Canon and Nikon are the two top companies. other also good but I prefer more this two companies.

I survey on net,
sigma and tamron etc.. macro lenses are also sharp and produce good quality images. However, the Auto focus (speed and accuracy) is apparently an issue with 3rd party lenses.

As I am Amateur photographer I like to go with canon Rebel T1i + 100 mm Macro IS USM
for macro photography.and The 100mm macro can also be used for short telephoto / large mammal photography, portraits, compressed scapes, etc.

If my Thinking Is wrong Pl Let me Know..:S3:

Roman Kurywczak
06-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey Joshi,
I do most of my macro work manually focused! I can't remember the last time I used AF so that wasn't a big issue for me. Saving the $$$ because the sharpness was there was my main factor. You won't be disappointed with the 100mm canon macro though......and it will last you a lifetime!

Steve Maxson
06-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Hi Joshi. I agree with Roman - almost all of my macro work is done with manual focus so AF shouldn't be an issue for a lens you will use strictly for macro. Because you will be using the lens also as a short telephoto for other subjects, AF may be important in that regard. :S3: Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase!

bhavya joshi
06-06-2011, 11:57 PM
After the discussion with both of you and suggestion on buying a new camera. At last night There is lots of talk with my family and at last we decided to buy Canon 550D kit + Canon 100mm F/2.8 USM lens. we check Their technical specification, we compare all lens and body. and get the final answer. And also comes in my budget.

I think you also agree with my decision, and any wrong words I used in this discussion Pl don't mind. :e3

Thanks again both of you from making easy.
If any changed In equipment I update this thread.

Thanks.:S3:

Roman Kurywczak
06-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Congrats Joshi! I hope you have many great years with it!

Chris Ober
06-07-2011, 12:58 PM
Check out KEH.COM for used gear. I've bought a number of used items from them in the past and the gear has always looked better than what they rated it as. They have a decent return/warranty policy too.

Jason Kinsey
06-07-2011, 05:04 PM
+1 on Chris' comments about KEH. I have also had great luck buying used/refurbished gear from B&H. My D300 came from there. These guys are in it for the long haul and strive to maintain their good reputations IMO.

bhavya joshi
06-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Thanks Chris and Jason for suggested.. From Shopping through website there is an problem called Shipping cost. So Total of Equipment cost + shipping cost. and as per Indian currency my budget goes high. ..No doubt this site have better equipments but, I think its better to buy from my local dealer. And sometimes it also cheap from KEH camera.

Thanks For Suggest.:S3: