PDA

View Full Version : Willet

Svante Larsson
06-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Taken at Fort de Soto in the middle of April when I followed the Florida shoreline around the state. First time in the US as a tourist and it was very enjoyble. Your birds are much better trained than ours, i.e. they stay put much longer than the Swedish birds :w3.

D300, 500 mm. ISO 200, f/9, 1/320 sec

gail bisson
06-05-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi Svante,
A lovely bird indeed. I wish you had more room at the bottom. If you can, I would add more canvas. I would also move the bird to the left of the image by cropping a bit off the left of image. That way, the bird has more room to "walk into". I would also add a small amount of black to punch up the picture.
The bird is tack sharp and you are at a good shooting angle.
My biggest wish is to not see that shadow. I find it distracting.
Thanks for showing and post some more!
Gail

Kerry Perkins
06-06-2011, 11:02 PM
Hello Svante, I nice capture and processing. I really like the high key look with the well-controlled highlights! I agree with a little more space on the bottom. I think Gail meant to crop from the right, not the left, to balance the image a bit. The shadow would not be as noticeable if you were to paint it the same color as the rest of the beach.

Chris Baker
06-11-2011, 03:35 AM
Hi Svante,

Agree about Florida birds, they're certainly not camera shy! Nice shot, agree with more space below and less to the right. As for painting the shadow, it doesn't really bother me but that's only because I don't know how to do it! If I did I think I would.