PDA

View Full Version : Shooting spots

Cory Bucher
06-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Hi all I have a question about good places to photograph Osprey and Eagles. I recently moved to Ocala Florida about 60 miles NW of Mount Dora which is where I was before and I have yet to find a decent area to photograph Osprey and Eagles. I am not that far from Ormond Beach where there are quite a few Penguins and Gulls but I would really love to find a decent spot to photograph the mentioned Eagles. If anyone is familiar with this area and can give me a few locations to check out I would very much appreciate it. I am trying to stay relatively close maybe 30 or so miles but would still love to hear anyone's suggestion. Thanks in advanced -Cory Bucher

cory-bucher.smugmug.com if you would like to see some of my work.

Mike Tracy
06-06-2011, 08:05 AM
I cant help out with specifics in the Ocala area but this link might be a good starting point. Keep in mind many of the eagles in Fl. head north for the summer and return to nest in the fall so pickings are slimmer now.

You could also contact your local Audubon chapter and participate as a Eagle watch volunteer thus being privy to where activity is occurring.

Now if you could point me to some penguins around here I would be eternally grateful.

https://public.myfwc.com/FWRI/EagleNests/nestlocator.aspx

Cory Bucher
06-08-2011, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the reply, much appreciate. Oops I meant Pelicans, sorry about that. Penguins would be nice but not sure if they like the hot weather.