PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Green Jays

James Fuller
06-04-2011, 10:20 AM
Photographed these Green Jays at 7:30am just as the sun was hitting the background but the birds were still in the shade of the tree I was hiding under.

1DIV, 800mm, 1/250 f5.6, ISO 800

Ofer Levy
06-04-2011, 11:07 AM
This is an impressive image! I like the composition and the fact that you can see dorsal and ventral views of the birds yet in such harmonious way. I think this image would benefit from a bit more processing. BG is slightly bright to my eyes.

jack williamson
06-04-2011, 12:30 PM
This one has great potential James. Maybe some others can give you some tips on pp to really make this

shine. Great colors, composition and position of the birds.

Jack

stuart wanuck
06-04-2011, 12:57 PM
What a beautiful image

Don Lacy
06-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Love the colors and pose of both birds add the lichen covered branches and you have one very fine image.
I darken the BG a tad and lighten up the Jays just to give you a sense of what that would do to the image if you decide to go that route.

Alan Murphy
06-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Sweet light on this one. nice job getting both birds.

Troy Lim
06-04-2011, 05:35 PM
Oh wow, killer shot. Love it.
You trained them well :)
TFS.

Daniel Cadieux
06-04-2011, 07:43 PM
What a perfect "theme" image!! LOVE the alternate poses. Great perch, and sweet BG. As mentioned, a bit more tweaking and this would shine so bright we'd need sunglasses to view (actually, we already do)!:c3: For my part, I found the image a little too "blue" so I added some green and yellow via "Color Balance", then toned sown the BG via S/H tool and a reduction in yellow saturation. Of course we weren't there to see what the actually looked like from your POV, but hope you like.

Tom Redd
06-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Wonderful photo. I like Don's repost.

James Fuller
06-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Love the colors and pose of both birds add the lichen covered branches and you have one very fine image.
I darken the BG a tad and lighten up the Jays just to give you a sense of what that would do to the image if you decide to go that route.

Looks good Don, thanks for the suggestion!

James Fuller
06-05-2011, 01:44 PM
What a perfect "theme" image!! LOVE the alternate poses. Great perch, and sweet BG. As mentioned, a bit more tweaking and this would shine so bright we'd need sunglasses to view (actually, we already do)!:c3: For my part, I found the image a little too "blue" so I added some green and yellow via "Color Balance", then toned sown the BG via S/H tool and a reduction in yellow saturation. Of course we weren't there to see what the actually looked like from your POV, but hope you like.

Thanks for expaining the tools you used to rework the image, I'll have to revisit photoshop and give it another try.

RakeshDhareshwar
06-08-2011, 12:23 AM
Loved the contrasting colour combinations here !! Brilliant job on the PP by Don in the repost. BTW, what was the BG ??