PDA

View Full Version : Need some rest.

bhavya joshi
06-03-2011, 05:27 AM
After a long jumping activities this toad resting on leaf in pond, and not moving even I get closer, good for me. and get nice clear pose. what you all think.
With Canon A495
ISO: 160
F:4.5

Ok. Now I got permission to get new DSLR for me.. so I am want you to help me. to choosing right camera.
I like to captured the wildlife photographs from ants to elephants. but More Macros and mammals. so. which camera can gives me 100% result.?? my budget is 1,561 US$

Thanks. :S3:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/230469_218088884887842_100000601962672_823973_8235 266_n.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
06-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Hey Joshi,
Your stongest image yet of a frog and your patience and work paid off! It is sharp where it needs it and my only recommendation is to patch in the black/dark area in the ULC to match the rest of the leaf. Great job getting a good angle with your set-up too as it maximized the DOF. A minor not....if you are OK with such things....cleaning up a few of the dirt speks in the BG will also take this up a notch. Very nicely done and your best one yet!:cheers:

Brendan Dozier
06-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Very nice, Joshi!

Steve Maxson
06-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Hi Joshi. I agree - this may be your best post yet. :S3: A nice pose with good sharpness around the head and front leg. I like the reflectiveness of the leaf. Roman has given you a couple good suggestions for tweaks that will make your image even stronger.

You might want to post your question about a DSLR on the Photography Gear forum. Be sure to specify whether your budget is just for the camera body or for the body + lens as that will make a difference. You might get a debate between Canon and Nikon users - but both are good systems. You might also consider a used DSLR body. For example, the Canon 40D is a very capable body that you could likely find used at a reasonable price - which would leave you with more money for a quality macro lens. Just some thoughts to consider.

bhavya joshi
06-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks Steve, I will post my question in photography gear forum.
Thanks for comment.

Hi Joshi. I agree - this may be your best post yet. :S3: A nice pose with good sharpness around the head and front leg. I like the reflectiveness of the leaf. Roman has given you a couple good suggestions for tweaks that will make your image even stronger.

You might want to post your question about a DSLR on the Photography Gear forum. Be sure to specify whether your budget is just for the camera body or for the body + lens as that will make a difference. You might get a debate between Canon and Nikon users - but both are good systems. You might also consider a used DSLR body. For example, the Canon 40D is a very capable body that you could likely find used at a reasonable price - which would leave you with more money for a quality macro lens. Just some thoughts to consider.

Jerry van Dijk
06-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Joshi, great advice already given. Instead of filling in the dark area in the ULC, I would crop it out. It will leave you with a more symmetrical composition, because the distance from the frog to the frame will be about equal on the left and right side.
Good advice from Steve on the camera purchase. Good luck with choosing!

Allen Sparks
06-05-2011, 08:22 PM
nice catch Joshi! great focus on the eye. I like the tones and the angle you chose.

bhavya joshi
06-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks you all .. for nice comments.. I really happy that you like my frog. :S3:

Mitch Haimov
06-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey, Joshi. Congrats on the fine image! I agree with all of the above except that I would not crop from the left--the little fella needs breathing room.