PDA

View Full Version : Ducklings

Mark Gowans
06-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Took this just this afternoon. Dont know how old they are but they weren't there on Tuesday or at least I never saw them then.http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb79/mg010a3406/IMG_6622.jpg

John Chardine
06-03-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi Mark- I would be great to see the image larger. BPN allows an image of up to 1024 pixels wide and up to 800 pixels high, with an overall size less than 200kb.

You've captured a nice family of mallards here. If possible it's ideal if you can see the faces of all the subjects. You've almost got this here but the male is looking away with no eye contact.

Could you let us know the technical details of the image (camera, lens, f-stop, shutter speed, ISO setting etc). This will help to diagnose issues with the image.

If you are a wheelchair photographer it will be difficult for you to get low for an image like this. One way you can reduce the camera angle is to use a long lens and shoot at some distance from the subject. You also may want to seek out subjects that are at eye level. Keep them coming and we look forward to seeing more!

Mark Gowans
06-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Unfortunately the camera I am using isnt a DSLR but a Powershot sx20is. The iso was on auto, the fstop was 5.6iirc and I can't recall the shutter speed.

I'll remember what you said about the wheelchair though.

Thanks again for your thoughts.