PDA

View Full Version : Bosque del Apache NM Sunrise

gary rouleau
03-26-2008, 11:12 PM
With no clouds the sunrise can be pretty dull, but today the lighting was quite interesting.

Canon EOS 20D
Lens (mm): 300/f2.8
ISO: 200
Aperture: 4
Shutter: 1/500
Exp. Comp.: 0.0

Robert Amoruso
03-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Gary,

I like the placement of the two trees and the layering in the image. Darker FB to lighter BG. IN the FG you have additional layers in the tones of the foliage. Also, you have a upwards angle to the mountain going left to right vs. the closer hill sloping down from left to right. A nice play of shapes and lines.

I lightened the FG using Shadow/Highlight, cropped into a pano and did noise correction on the sky. A halo resulted but in the original image you will be better able to process it w/o a halo.

At the settings you are using, you should not see any nosie to this extent. Are you processing using a RAW file? There is something going on in the workflow that caused this.

Alfred Forns
03-27-2008, 08:03 AM
Little changes make all the difference Love what Robert did with the image !!!! Love the light on that mountain !!!

Bob Ettinger
03-28-2008, 09:13 AM
That light on the mountain is great and the changes Robert made really enhance the image.

gary rouleau
03-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks. I'm processing in raw and the sharpening I do is very little. I've also noticed lots of noise in the last few photos I've posted. Something to work on.
Robert I like your suggestions.
cheers
gary