PDA

View Full Version : Morning shade on El Capitan!

Indranil Sircar
06-02-2011, 09:53 AM
One more image from my last trip to Yosemite NP... this one is the view of El Capitan from Cathedral beach across the Merced river. Morning sunlight brightens up El Capitan till about an hr after sunrise before the shadow starts to expand. I spent the morning walking on banks of the river trying to get the complete view of the monolith with its reflection and finally settled on this image for OOTB processing. I felt the shadow created an effect of an elephant head with its trunk... Do you see it that way?

For this image, my settings were 1/100 sec, f/11, Manual and ISO 1000. For processing, I used Topaz Simplify and various adjustment layers for selective colors, curves, saturation and levels. Hope you like it...

Mark Fuge
06-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Nice image and application, Indranil.

A place that I need to return to ... :e3 :w3

I like it as is, but wonder what a light touch of Accent Edge would do, as it would catch the outlines of the rocks and trees a little. But as they say ... Y I Y V ... :w3

Maureen Allen
06-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Your Yosemite images are gorgeous, Indranil. :S3:

denise ippolito
06-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Indranil, I can't wait to get back there. I like the scene and can see the Elephants head as you suggest. I do wish the shadow lines were less visible, still a lovely image.:S3:

Jay Sheinfield
06-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Like this a lot. It's one of my favorite places on the planet. Very cool elephant head. Nice diagonals.
Would love to walk right into the image...................

Andrew McLachlan
06-03-2011, 03:46 PM
Beautiful work Indranil, This is a place I will have to visit someday!