PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Hey,Give It Up

Joe Senzatimore
06-02-2011, 07:47 AM
These 2 Comon Tern battled over the needle fish for a long while. At one point they even got into a tug-of-war. I thought the fish would break in half , but eventualy one tern won out.
Cropped to pano.

400ISO F8 at 1/1600th
Inc. Metered
Man. Fill at 1/16th power

Grace Scalzo
06-02-2011, 07:57 AM
Excellent story telling image, Joe. THe pano crop works perfectly.The only thing I might do it to try and bring out the eye of the one on the left.

Bill Dix
06-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Great interaction shot, Joe. I like the pano crop and habitat bg. Feels to me like it needs some CW rotation.

Dave Leroy
06-02-2011, 09:09 AM
Very nice photo with the interaction, pano crop, and inclusion of habitat. I also like the separation between the two birds.

I also wondered about the rotation by trying to line up the oof line. There may be a bit of a slope but it seemed out a bit.

Dave

Daniel Cadieux
06-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Nice interaction, habitat, and I like the curled fish. I like the pano crop too. I agree with trying to bring out the eye on the left bird. Although I'm so-so with the two grass blades growing out it's head (I wish they weren't there)...I would be tempted to lighten them some to lessen their impact.

Did you get any images of the tug-of-war?

Stu Bowie
06-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Joe, well timed to capture the skreetching tern on the left, and your low perspective works well. Im fine with the surrounding habitat, but feel a rotation is needed.

Joe Senzatimore
06-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Nice interaction, habitat, and I like the curled fish. I like the pano crop too. I agree with trying to bring out the eye on the left bird. Although I'm so-so with the two grass blades growing out it's head (I wish they weren't there)...I would be tempted to lighten them some to lessen their impact.

Did you get any images of the tug-of-war?

Yes. Will post one tomorrow.

Joe Senzatimore
06-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Great interaction shot, Joe. I like the pano crop and habitat bg. Feels to me like it needs some CW rotation.

Your right Bill. I meant to do a slight rotation and forgot to before I posted.

Vivaldo Damilano
06-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Lovely double with catch. i also like the pano crop. Low angle also adds nicely TFS:cheers: