PDA

View Full Version : Closed stores in Homer

Steve Bein
06-02-2011, 02:06 AM
This is from a handheld photo of closed stores in winter at Homer. I did not fully level the camera. I walked in front of each separate location and did about 6 shots, then cropped and blended. Not the most elegant panoramic, but I like the out of kilter effect.
I then played with it more. Because of the length to height ration, I distorted it more by stretching it vertically. Then I did a second version of it ( perhaps "out of the box" style) and here are both.

Robert Amoruso
06-02-2011, 05:56 PM
I like the OOTB version better as the building distortions go better with that treatment. I find the inclusion of the boat distracting however.

If you overlapped the images, PS can merge, align and straighten them for the straight image - OOTB version AOK as presented.

Dave Mills
06-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi Steve, Robert said it all for me. In this case I would have liked to have seen all of the boat or none at all.

Roman Kurywczak
06-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey Steve,
I likek the distortion of the pier.....and yes the OOTB version is my favorite too. Another one who doesn't love the clipped boat.....but still a cool idea that might be worth exploring on other locations!

Andrew McLachlan
06-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Steve, love the look of the OOTB version best. Agree on comments regarding the boat