PDA

View Full Version : Canon 40D: Custom User Settings

John Grylls
03-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Does anyone use the three custom user settings provided on the 40D?

I have been shooting waterbirds lately, with the majority being feeding and grooming type shots with frequent flight shots as well.
I have set up C2 with my basic still shot config, and C3 with my flight shot config(the same but with AI Servo Focus and Hi speed cont), it makes for very quick setup changes for unexpected flight shot opportunities.

The Problem: These settings are reset every time the camera does an auto power-off.
For example I have F8 set in the Custom setting, I change to F5.6 using the main dial, not much happens for a few minutes and the camera shuts down, an opportunity occurs, I shoot but the aperture has changed back to F8 without my knowing.

Can anyone see wisdom in this? I would prefer tha the camera remained in the state that I left it.

Thanks

Robert Amoruso
03-27-2008, 06:30 AM
John,

I don't know the specific answer to your question as I don't have a 40D but what about lengthening the time until auto-power off activates. The 40D should be able to do that up to I think it is 30 minutes.

John Grylls
03-27-2008, 06:46 AM
Thank you Robert,

That is what I have done, I just thought that it was an odd way for Canon to design it.