PDA

View Full Version : Theme Mating Terns

Nick Palmieri
06-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Love to get opinions on this one. I shot about 300 frames of mating terns yesterday at Nickerson Beach on Long Island. When they were mating in clean areas of the beach they were turned away from me. This was one of my favorite poses but I did considerable beach clean up in post processing. Too much?? Canon EOS 7D, 600mm, f/7.1, SS 1/1250,ISO 640. Thought I should thank fellow BPNers Roman K., Susan Candalerio, Al Brown, and Jerry Fornoratto for a great day!

Ofer Levy
06-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Hi Nick, clean up doesn't look to much to me. However, I can see some out of focus patches on the RHS where it should look in focus. When you "clean" an area it is a good idea to clone form an area with similar degree of focus. (similar distance from the sensor). It is also a good idea to avoid repeating of similar marks.

Michael Lotito
06-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Nice action and well worth the wait. I see no negatives associated with your PS beach cleanup.

Harshad Barve
06-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Excellent interaction here , nice techs too
TFS

Robert Amoruso
06-01-2011, 08:33 PM
Nick,

Ofer had some good points I agree with on the cloning. Nice body and head position on the female. If the male was angle towards the port side of the female that would have been nice, but not a reason to have not made this expressive image. I like how she is looking up at him. Nice capture of the moment.

Arthur Morris
06-01-2011, 09:28 PM
Ofer is correct; the foreground cloning work is quite suspect. Moving to your right here would have had lots of plusses.

Ofer Levy
06-01-2011, 11:16 PM
Hi Nick, clean up doesn't look to much to me. However, I can see some out of focus patches on the RHS where it should look in focus. When you "clean" an area it is a good idea to clone form an area with similar degree of focus. (similar distance from the sensor). It is also a good idea to avoid repeating of similar marks.
Just realized I had a mistake...:e3
What I meant to say is : clean up doesn't look too bad to me...etc'...:w3

Nick Palmieri
06-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Artie, unfortunately I couldn't get to the right without going past the boundaries. They just didn't want to cooperate with us and "tern" our way...

Arthur Morris
06-02-2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks Nick. Those strings are always getting in the way....