PDA

View Full Version : GBH into the light

Mark Yarbrough
03-26-2008, 09:12 PM
My first post here after joining today. Feel free to move this to the Eager to Learn section if you think it warrants. I haven't had a chance to introduce myself yet. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

C&C welcome

Canon 40D
400 f/5.6
ISO 400
1/4000 sec

Handheld from the bow of my flats skiff

Robert O'Toole
03-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Welcome Mark,

Nice GBH, the nesting material is a plus and the image looks sharp, good exposure the light isnt too harsh. I like the cool tone to the image.

The bird looks a little off level to me, the bird is flying downwards a little, not sure if this is intentional.

Good work and keep posting.

Robert

Philip Pietri
03-27-2008, 05:15 AM
Welcome! I think this is a great first post. I think this could have gone a touch lighter but you did manage to get some details underneath the wing. I love the stick-in-mouth and your composition works. I also agree with the slight downward angle. Look forward to seeing more!

Mark Yarbrough
03-27-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the input. I hadn't noticed the slight downward angle. I'll play with it. I can't remember if I cropped out a horizon I could use for reference. As far the brightness, I ordered a Spyder3 last night. I think I have my home monitor a bit too bright.

Mark Yarbrough
03-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I added about 1/3 stop exposure and 3-4 degrees of horizon adjustment. Does this seem to be enough? There wasn't anything prior to cropping for reference.

Thanks for the input.