PDA

View Full Version : Cherry And Bubbles

kostas nianiopoulos
06-01-2011, 07:48 AM
http://img864.imageshack.us/img864/5438/kerasi.jpg

It is a cherry in a glass of water , a little soda in dust and few drops of lemon .

canon 50d
f16
0,8s
EF USM IS 100MM L
Natural light with a little help from circular fluorescent light on the top .
On tripod

Thanks for watching .

Dave Leroy
06-01-2011, 09:51 AM
An interesting and unigue shot. I like the combination of "substances" to get what you wanted.

Nice to see the free bubbles floating to the surface and they are still sharp at low ss.

I might be tempted to try and remove the bit of the glass on the right hand side of photo.

Photo may also look nice as a crop of the top right quadrant only.

An excellent idea.

Dave

Steve Maxson
06-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi Kostas. I like your idea here - the red with all the bubbles makes an interesting combo. I would wish that the cherry wasn't touching the bottom of the frame. I think Dave's idea of cropping to just the UR quadrant (including the stem) has merit - if you have enough pixels. A vertical image showing the entire stem could also be very nice. It shouldn't be too difficult to duplicate this setup if you wanted to do some experimentation. :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
06-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Hey Kostas,
Agree with Steve on the cherry touching the bottom and with Dave on the glass. good news is you can try this again and the light looks pretty good too!

kostas nianiopoulos
06-03-2011, 03:24 PM
The good news is that i have it in several shots and angles , maybe i dont have to try it again , my real problem is that maybe i dont choose the right ones , i have this problem many years and i guess never gonna change :)

Jerry van Dijk
06-05-2011, 03:53 PM
Hi Kostas, a wonderful experiment with already great result! Apart from the good advice already given, I would choose a straight glass for your next version, so it doesn't distort the shape of the cherry. Also, I may consider using a polariser, I see some reflection of the glass on the left hand side.