PDA

View Full Version : Iris

OvidiuCavasdan
05-31-2011, 01:51 PM
40D, EF 100mm Macro
F 25
1/8 sec
ISO 200
Iris from our garden, natural light, collapsable reflector, tripod.

Allen Sparks
05-31-2011, 04:15 PM
wow...I think this is really well done. Love the sharpness throughout the subject and the color tones are great... very nice image!

Andrew McLachlan
05-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Ovidiu, this has wonderful sharpness and color to it. Love the black BG, really makes the petals pop!

bhavya joshi
06-01-2011, 01:08 AM
great image.. Like the sharpness and color. Black BG makes the flower more beautiful.:c3:

Dave Leroy
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
I really like the colour combination. Quite dramatic.

Excellent detail through out photo.

Very well done.

Dave

Anita Bower
06-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Love the sharpness of the curved edges of the petals. Gorgeous details, light and colors. Beautiful composition. The black bg adds to the richness of the colors. Excellent work!!!! (What did you use as the bg? And, how far away was it?)

OvidiuCavasdan
06-01-2011, 02:44 PM
(What did you use as the bg? And, how far away was it?)
For all my images with black BG (so far) I use a black cloth, about 2x1,5 meters on a cardboard (in fact a big cardboard box folded). I shoot these in my yard, in front of my garage, usualy the flowers are in shade of the house, sun in front and I use a collapsable reflector. The black cloth is placed inside the garage (lower light levels). Depending on the size of the flower, composition and sun height sometimes the bg is closer sometimes further away, did not measure the distance but it is from 1 meter to 3, maybe 4 meters. Sometimes I use the pop up flash at minimum power for a nice black bg.

Anita Bower
06-01-2011, 04:44 PM
For all my images with black BG (so far) I use a black cloth, about 2x1,5 meters on a cardboard (in fact a big cardboard box folded). I shoot these in my yard, in front of my garage, usualy the flowers are in shade of the house, sun in front and I use a collapsable reflector. The black cloth is placed inside the garage (lower light levels). Depending on the size of the flower, composition and sun height sometimes the bg is closer sometimes further away, did not measure the distance but it is from 1 meter to 3, maybe 4 meters. Sometimes I use the pop up flash at minimum power for a nice black bg.

Thank you for this description! It gives me a new approach to try. Your black backgrounds are wonderfully dark and the light on the flowers is gorgeous.

Steve Maxson
06-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi Ovidiu. Thanks for the explanation of your techniques. This image has outstanding light, color, clarity, and detail. Very well done. :cheers:

Roman Kurywczak
06-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Outstanding!!! Deserving of all the accolades!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers: