PDA

View Full Version : Whimbrel

Sidharth Kodikal
05-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Crawled close enough to a Whimbrel early afternoon. Fortunately light wasn't harsh and I had my flash handy.

Canon 1D Mark IV, 300 2.8 IS, 2x TC
1/640, f10, iso 400, fill flash + 1/3, full frame

A bit of bg clean up, S&H and removed a second catchlight from the flash.

Feedback appreciated.

Thanks,
Sidharth

Stu Bowie
05-31-2011, 12:45 AM
Sidharth, good low perspective, and just love these one legged poses. Good use of flash, as it is subtle. Comp wise, I would add a tad to the RHS, and take a bit off the left.

christopher galeski
05-31-2011, 05:42 AM
nice one Sidarth,like the pattern and texture,on the bird,like the green FG,BG,I would take a bit of the lefthand side,when I looked at your picture at first,I too thought it was too close to the right hand side,but if you use the slider ,and slide it to the lesft it shows more of your photo.

Daniel Cadieux
05-31-2011, 11:26 AM
I like it too! The greens add alot, I especially like the carpet-like texture. Good HA too for this back view pose. I would smooth out the top edge whitish patches, and if you cloned out something in front of the leg I'd work it more to include some "in focus" texture - equal to immediately left and right to keep DOF consistant at that distance (hope you can understand what I mean!)

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
Siddharth, I like the way you have placed the subject and the relative size of it in the frame. excellent shooting angle and good call on the f-stop. always best to stop down when the bird has back towards you. light angle-bird angle combo is working well.

A small round of sharpening on the face will make this one even better.

Mark Young
05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Lovely image, nicely taken. The grass looks like fake grass we have here.

arash_hazeghi
06-01-2011, 03:46 AM
I like the pose and the green BG, stands out nicely.

Sidharth Kodikal
06-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Thanks, all, for the constructive feedback. I will try the tweaks suggested.