PDA

View Full Version : Who is Better Than Me????

Joe Senzatimore
05-30-2011, 11:53 AM
These two Terns just finished mating , and it seemed as if this guy was braging about his conquest. I'll bet if someone offered him a smoke , he would have taken it.:bg3::bg3::bg3:

800ISO F5.6 at 1/500th manual exposure
Manual flash at 1/16th , Inc meter reading
cropped for comp.

Norm Dulak
05-30-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi Joe.

I like the action that is taking place here. But I'm somewhat dismayed by the fact that I can't see either bird's eyes. Can you do something to bring them out? :S3:

I also would try to remove the dark patch at the top, slightly to the right of center, as I find it a little distracting. Maybe you could simply crop that out.

Finally, I see a white halo around the tops of both birds' heads. That may be due to over sharpening.

BTW, what camera and lens did you use?

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Joe, excellent moment and low angle. If mine, I'd defintiely crop from the top to remove the dark area and have some more space on both sides. agree with Norm about the halos. Catchlights in the eyes would have been nice.

If it fits your ethics, then there is some opportunity to clone out distracting clutter.

gail bisson
05-30-2011, 05:41 PM
I think this guy is about to do the usual...stretch, yawn and go to sleep with no cuddling!!!:t3
I would definitely get rid of that dark spot on the top and remove some of the beach clutter.
Gail

DanWalters
05-31-2011, 11:02 AM
Like the interaction going on and the raised wings. The OOF grass on the bottom is a little distracting.