PDA

View Full Version : Black-winged Stilt (Himantopus himantopus)

Humberto Ramos
05-28-2011, 04:10 PM

Canon 7D + Canon 600mm f/4 IS + aquatic hide

1/6400, f/4 ISO 400

Geoff Warnock
05-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Fantastic Humberto, made by the low angle. Would you mind sharing some more details about your hide?

Humberto Ramos
05-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Fantastic Humberto, made by the low angle. Would you mind sharing some more details about your hide?

My site is under maintain, but you can see some images in the blog (its in portuguese, sory :) http://humbertophoto.com/home/blog/

You can also see some images of the construction of one made by one dear friend of mine and its similar to mine, mine is a bit more smaller and very light, because I made mm pvc on tops instead of wood....
Images HERE (http://rlfocus.blogspot.com/2010/04/making-ofhidrohide.html)

Marina Scarr
05-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi Humberto:

I love the low angle and light here. The water looks dreamy. The pose of the stilt is unique. He appears to be going in for a rather long stretch. You have nice sharpness and details here, a great red eye, and I love the green GB. All in all, although this is a unique image, I think I would also like to see a gorgeous pose in gorgeous light.

Daniel Cadieux
05-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Great low angle, and the colours are very appealing throughout. I like the pose, and the stilt gave you a nice head angle. I have the impression the image could use a bit of CCW rotation from the FG water, but it could be just an illusion as the water/land meeting point is indeed level. Awesome image:S3:

Grace Scalzo
05-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I bit of humor in this image. Thanks for sharing, it made me smile.

Humberto Ramos
05-29-2011, 04:28 AM
Great low angle, and the colours are very appealing throughout. I like the pose, and the stilt gave you a nice head angle. I have the impression the image could use a bit of CCW rotation from the FG water, but it could be just an illusion as the water/land meeting point is indeed level. Awesome image:S3:

when I edited the image also noticed I would need a CCW rotation, but when I went to lightroom to edit, on the grid it looks good, so I think it's an illusion caused by the shadows on the water...

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Humberto, another awesome shot from you. The super-low angle makes this one a winner. It helped emphasize the long legs. Terrific pose, comp, IQ and BG. I checked out the pictures...your hide looks very good.

Geoff Warnock
05-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the info Humberto, it looks great. I'm not sure I'd get permission to float such a thing around here sadly. Maybe if I start working on the wardens.

Sidharth Kodikal
05-30-2011, 08:58 PM
+1 on all the nice comments above. A very lovely image indeed. Thanks for sharing.