PDA

View Full Version : Rose

OvidiuCavasdan
05-27-2011, 01:15 PM
40D, EF 100mm macro
F 29
1/4 sec
ISO 200
Manual mode, tripod, natural light and collapsable reflector, very slightly croped.
"Rosarium Uetersen" climbing rose from our garden. The petals were opened on one half of the bloom and not on the other half because the lack of space, some twigs and leaves were very close to the bloom. The asymmetrical shape looked interesting to me.

Allen Sparks
05-27-2011, 05:11 PM
I like the tones and composition of this. all the petal folds draw me in for a better look. nicely done.

Roman Kurywczak
05-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey Ovidiu,
Really nicely done with the colors and comp. The folds and shapes are just a treat to explore. I have explored a few crops....all seem to work but I find the layers of the OP best. Only recommendation is to tone down the URC area....above the full central petal.....just a touch. All in all.....very well done!

Mitch Haimov
05-28-2011, 08:52 PM
Very nicely done as usual, Ovidiu! Nice sharpness/DOF and textures. Minor complaint: the petal at the center of the bottom seems clipped. Assuming you don't have any more image at the bottom to restore (or that doing so wouldn't make the next one down seem clipped), you may want to consider cropping to just below the end of the vertical petal above (and slightly right of) the clipped one.

Steve Maxson
05-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi Ovidiu. The more I look at this, the better I like it. :S3: A very interesting play of light, patterns, and colors. Very nice overall sharpness. I was just noticing the clipped petal on the bottom edge of the frame before I read Mitch's comment - a minor point in an otherwise excellent image.