PDA

View Full Version : Missing soft-proofing presets in PSCS3

Wayne Nicholas
03-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I can no longer save soft-proof presets in PSCS3 on Mac 10.5.2. When I soft-prrof and attempt to save, I get a dialogue box asking where to save the proof. I have tried several logical locations, but, after saving, the proofs never show up in the soft-proof preset selections and I have to do custom every time. Does anyone know where PS needs to save these to use them?

Robert O'Toole
03-26-2008, 09:40 PM
Custom proof setups(Color management) .psf files

Mac:

Users/ [Username]/ Library/ Application Support/ Adobe/ Color/ Proofing

Robert

Wayne Nicholas
03-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Custom proof setups(Color management) .psf files

Mac:

Users/ [Username]/ Library/ Application Support/ Adobe/ Color/ Proofing

Robert
Amen! Thanks, Robert. I knew that they were there. It was driving me nuts, because Spotlight wouldn't find them, at all. I am just curious why PS isn't saving them to the default instead of asking the dumb-dumb user where to save them. Oh well, all's well that ends well, eh!

Moved the new profiles over. Worked like a charm

Robert O'Toole
03-27-2008, 08:57 AM
NP Wayne, glad to help.

Backing up all of your settings, actions, workspaces, proofs, prefs, plugins, is a good idea to avoid losing them to corruption. Adobe for some unkown reason doesnt help much in this regard but they recommend doing so especially on a PC. I am working on my next newsletter right now and I listing all the locations of everything you need. If you are interested send me your email addressand I can add you to my mailing list.

Robert

Wayne Nicholas
03-27-2008, 03:11 PM
I am already in that habit, as I have lost all of my setting, actions, etc. before and it is a real pain to redo them. Email sent.