PDA

View Full Version : Palm Warbler (Eastern var.)

Bill Dix
05-27-2011, 09:48 AM
I got just a glimpse of one of these guys as warblers were migrating through last month, and went back the next evening with the sole goal of capturing one. Searched for well over an hour and saw only Yellow Warblers, until I was starting to head back home along the path. There were two Palms flitting along in front of me, and I stalked until this guy finally perched on an open branch, catching the last rays of the sun before it ducked behind the treeline. Removed a branch and desaturated the bg leaves. C&C appreciated.

D7000 + 1.4 TC | ISO 1000 | 1/2000s @ f/7.1 | -0.3 EV | monopod

Stu Bowie
05-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Bill, the light has brought out the colours very well here, and especially with the warbler posed against a darker BG. I like the diagonal perch, and good call on desaturating the leaves.

Neil Nourse
05-27-2011, 10:52 AM
Lovely shot Bill.

To bad it didn't give you just a tad more head turn. If mine I think I would remove the OOF brown branch just above the bird. All in all a very nice shot. Glad you went back, it was worth it....

Neil

Steve Wasson
05-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Very nice image, Bill! Well composed, considering how these guys don't seem to care about their photographic surroundings at all!

Eric Weaver
05-27-2011, 02:20 PM
This is a fine shot. About a million times better than my one and only shot I had on one.

EzhilSuresh
05-28-2011, 04:04 AM
Beautiful specimen. The colours and details of the bird are top class.

Arthur Morris
05-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Sharp with a good job on the EXP. Would love a tad more head turn towards and would lose the vertical nub in front of the bird if it were mine.

Bill Dix
05-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Thank you all for your comments. Yes, I would also have preferred a little more head-turn; I only had him on this perch for a few seconds, and this is the best he gave me, but one can always wish.

Artie, good suggestion. I'll go back to the master file and evict that little stub, which does draw the eye away from the bird. Thanks.