PDA

View Full Version : Red brasted Flycatcher

RakeshDhareshwar
05-27-2011, 04:07 AM
Shot this at Sinhagad Valley , Pune .
They come to bathe in the stream . Was lucky to get a ground level image as this individual was a bit co-operative.

Camera : Canon 1D Mk III
Lens : Canon 600mm f4 IS
Shutters : 1/640
Aperture : f4
Speed : ISO 1250 .

Cheers,
Rakesh

Dave Leroy
05-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Very well done on the shooting angle and I like the nice pose with the tail visible.

At first the green leaves in bg bothered me but after looking at photo for a bit I think they add to the environmental aspect.

The very still looking water water adds to the nice calm feel of the photo.

Dave

Stu Bowie
05-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Good angle Rakesh, together with the pose and cocked tail. I like the hint of the reflection, and you have left good space all round.

jack williamson
05-27-2011, 11:55 AM
This is a great shot Rakesh, love the low angle, sharpness and clarity. The urc draws my eye. I think if

it was darkened a bit it would look better.

Jack

EzhilSuresh
05-28-2011, 04:39 AM
I like the bird in its natural habitat. Fantastic image quality and composition. Just wish the background was a little bit less distracting. Keep them coming.

Arthur Morris
05-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Sharp with a nice pose. Ezhil-bhai, I doubt that this is natural habitat as there are very few edge-of-the-earth ponds in nature.... It looks like a man made, over-flowing bird bath to me :). BTW, welcome and thanks a stack for your membership support.

RakeshDhareshwar
05-28-2011, 11:41 PM
Sharp with a nice pose. Ezhil-bhai, I doubt that this is natural habitat as there are very few edge-of-the-earth ponds in nature.... It looks like a man made, over-flowing bird bath to me :). BTW, welcome and thanks a stack for your membership support.

Thanx Arthur ,
But this is a natural steam in Sinhagad Valley , Pune . The stream trickles down after winter and there are pools of water formed in between . Nothing man made about this one .

Arthur Morris
05-29-2011, 07:06 AM
Thanks Rakesh; I stand corrected. I have never seen a natural situation like this before. How much time to you get to spend there?

RakeshDhareshwar
05-29-2011, 10:55 AM
The best time to do this place is early morning . The flycatchers would come from around 8.00 - 9.30 and then get back to the forest . This small area would have very shallow pools of water , like the one above and pefect for them to bathe and quench their thirst . So I used to reach at around 6.30 -7.00 and wait for these birds , and shoot till about 9.30 -10.00.

Craig Brelsford
05-30-2011, 10:16 AM
Good low angle, pretty bird. I like the glassy water and may have left more of it in. In so doing, you'd have shown us a bit more of the reflection of the flycatcher.

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-30-2011, 04:35 PM
Rakesh, I am liking the shallow DOF here and the calm water is really nice. I think I know which spot you are referring to.