PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo National River - Waterfall at Indian Rockhouse

Jay Sheinfield
05-26-2011, 12:06 PM
This image was processed in Low Key NIK s/w, Capture NX2. I then used Simplify to reduce detail to taste. Some cloning of leaves and twigs. Slight crop off bottom.

I haven't done much in the way of landscape work, so any comments on composition and such are very welcome...........

Nikon D3x
ISO 100
27mm
6 sec.
Polarizer
tripod mounted

denise ippolito
05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Jay, Nice to see you posting again:S3:. I like the composition very much. The waterfall coming down on the right looks like a beam of light-very cool! Nice job w/ the filtering also. The Simplify is subtle and not over done.

Andrew McLachlan
05-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Jay, I really like the comp, you did quite well with what you had to work with. Just the right amount of Simplify too! The only thing I might do if it were mine is tone down the brightest area at the crest of the waterfall.

Jay Sheinfield
05-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Denise, Thanks........

Andrew, good point on the highlight.

Kerry Perkins
05-27-2011, 01:52 AM
Hi Jay, this looks really good to me. I love the colors and the slow shutter speed to give the water that silky look. I'm a big fan of Simplify, it was my first love when it comes to filters. :c3: I wish the posted image were larger, as my old eyes have a hard time with the high resolution monitors these days... :e3 I'm not qualified to comment on the landscape aspect, but maybe Roman will put in his twenty cents worth. :bg3:

Jay Sheinfield
05-27-2011, 08:01 AM
I wish the posted image were larger, as my old eyes have a hard time with the high resolution monitors these days...

Kerry, here you go...........larger:S3:

Kerry Perkins
05-27-2011, 09:17 AM
Jay, sweet! Thanks, it's much easier to see the nice detail.

Indranil Sircar
05-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Beautiful composition, Jay. The larger repost certainly brings out the beauty. I like the SS and the effect of simplify. Composition wise, I like the flow and how it draws the eye. Lovely colors.