iso100
Grad ND filter over CP
cropped for pano
Nikon D7000 w/ nikkor 10-24mm lens
Tripod

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/dkearl/DSC_6386.jpg

Dave Mills
05-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi Dan, good division of the comp...1/3rd sky, 2/3rds terrain. Good offset central grouping in the foreground along with scattered flowers adding additional interest. The grad seemed to have done the trick giving you an even exposure. At 1/30 sec jt's hard to get flowers very sharp when they are constantly blowing. I would have suggested a higher f stop but I can see you needed the speed.
How high can you raise the ISO on the D7000 before you see noise? I might have raised that to acceptable levels...

Robert Amoruso
05-25-2011, 06:24 AM
The BG looks great. Big Sky and lots of depth. Exposure is spot on. I agree that a higher ISO say 400 would have made a big difference - otherwise go much slower and really get a good blur going on.

I am troubled by the FG placement of the purple flowers in the center of the image and with the stems cropped. My preference would be to have them off centered and for you to have backed up some to include more of them.

Roman Kurywczak
05-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Hey Dan,
Dave covered my thoughts well and then Robert really gave you some great advice on the SS's also! Once you start the thought process and take your initial image......try some at varying SS's and ISO's as the comp is pretty good (agree with Robert on the base of the main flowers). Those minor changes in the field will really help you when composing in the future. Looks like you have some nice wildflowers going so hope you get plenty more opportunities!

Jerry van Dijk
05-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi Dan, great advice already given. I like the combination of colors going on here, the blue of the sky, the yellow and purple of the wildflowers, the green of the grass and trees and the brown of the earth. I do feel that the BG in the right hand side of the image is a little darker than the rest, giving a little imbalance. I also would have preferred the flowers not to be cut off, but my guess is that when you would have stepped back, you would just be cutting off a new pair of flowers! I may consider adding a little contrast or clarity to the FG to let the details stand out a little more.