PDA

View Full Version : NASA's new Photography Lunar Rover

Mike McCarthy
01-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Well.....not exactly. Thought I'd share my photo cart with you good folks. I converted a 3 wheeled golf cart I picked up on Ebay (cheap). I removed all the golf bag "crap" and added some things of my own to customize this bad boy for my own personal gear.

I added some of that rubber coated wire shelving material and a shelve I picked up at Lowes. I also added a folding bike rack hanger. Like the "v" shaped arm thingy you mount on a wall to hang a bicycle. This is at the bottom of the cart and helps hold a cooler. The top shelf is a perfect fit for my camera bag. I took some metal strap brackets original used for the golf bag attachment and installed some quick clap nylon straps to hold the camera bag in place. This works well to keep the bag secure and from falling out while running from alligators, bears and angry eagles. ;) The straps were permanently attached...thanks to dear Mom....who sewed them on. :D

This whole McGiver contraption disassembles and folds up for easier storage and transport. It has some nice blow up knobby tires for off-road adventures. unfortunately they have intertubes...so I need to take a small hand pump and patch kit with me. Nothing like a flat in the middle of chasing chicks. :eek::cool:

Anywho....here "she" is.

http://www.pbase.com/blindmustangpilot/image/73200957.jpg

Additional shots of the cart loaded for bear...... are here (http://www.pbase.com/blindmustangpilot/transportation). You'll have to scroll down to the end of the gallery thumnails.

Thanks for looking.

Alfred Forns
01-04-2008, 11:43 AM
I know you must be proud of her Mike but we can only see one :o .... will let you pick which is her best profile to keep ...other two evicted :D !!!!

Looks like a great idea It will work in lots of places I'm sure next time I carry all my gear I will be thinking of your contraption !!!

Mike McCarthy
01-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Party Pooper. lol

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
One incredible contraption Mike and I love the BG !!! Looks like this has the possibility of becoming Big Business. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea with us !!

Maxis Gamez
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey Mike,

You have some serious talent. Do you need an manager? :)

Mike McCarthy
01-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks folks. Maxis...thanks but no thanks. I get in enough trouble alone. No sense two of us getting arrested. *-)

Jim Poor
01-05-2008, 03:04 PM
You don't know how many times I have wished for a "buggy" like this to lug stuff around.