PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Oriole

Jim Crosswell
05-20-2011, 05:35 PM
This is another image from the backyard setup. The BG is an OOF tree trunk. All C&Cs are welcome and appreciated.

Canon 40D
500L f/4
1.4 extender
ISO 500
f/7.1
1/250s
Tripod

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-20-2011, 05:44 PM
Excellent shot, Jim. loved the diagonal arrangement of the perch, details in the blacks and the head turn. Terrific shine on the bill. I wouldn't change a thing.

Ofer Levy
05-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Terrific image indeed!! The only tiny things I would try to improve in next attempts are placing the perch perpendicular to the sensor so all the flowers will be in focus. The other thing is avoiding cutting the flowers top and bottom.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

gail bisson
05-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Beautiful details in the blacks. Tack sharp and nice head angle. I wish the top flowers weren't cut off. I am OK with OOF flowers as it makes it "less perfect" and more natural. Very nice!

Jim Crosswell
05-20-2011, 07:11 PM
I did a version with some cloning. This is what I will try to get next time.

Ofer Levy
05-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Repost is FANTASTIC!!!!!:cheers: Just a bit of canvas all around - what do you think?

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
05-21-2011, 05:17 AM
Sharp, good details even in the black, nice lovely perch, great pose by the bird and beautiful background. The re-post with no cut off flower and more room put this image even better.

Joe Senzatimore
05-21-2011, 06:42 AM
The re-post made a fine image 100% better. What a beautiful specimen you had the good luck to capture. The perch and flowers are perfect.:5

EzhilSuresh
05-21-2011, 11:18 AM
You have bettered an image that was already wonderful. The whole image is pleasing. Keep them coming.

arash_hazeghi
05-21-2011, 12:00 PM
lovely pose and details and repost is a big improvement.

gail bisson
05-21-2011, 01:15 PM
Jim,
The repost is awesome. You nailed it buddy!
gail

Arthur Morris
05-21-2011, 02:10 PM
Alan Murphy-like. Love both. Killer head angle and pose. EXP, SH, and BKGR perfect. Excellent reposts in Pane 5 & 6 but you did a better job on the branch than Ofer; he introduced a skinny section.

Ofer Levy
05-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Alan Murphy-like. Love both. Killer head angle and pose. EXP, SH, and BKGR perfect. Excellent reposts in Pane 5 & 6 but you did a better job on the branch than Ofer; he introduced a skinny section.
Hi Artie, I am sure your sharp eyes will see that the extra bit of branch was added to balance the extra canvas added all around. I think it makes a more pleasing composition than the second repost (Pane 5) even with the extra bit of branch.

Behzad Farahanchi
05-22-2011, 02:55 AM
I like the pose , excellent sharpness and very nice perch
TFS

Hendri Venter
05-22-2011, 04:47 AM
Love the contrast in colours here. One mighty fine image Jim.

Arthur Morris
05-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Artie, I am sure your sharp eyes will see that the extra bit of branch was added to balance the extra canvas added all around. I think it makes a more pleasing composition than the second repost (Pane 5) even with the extra bit of branch.

My comment had to do with the fact that your repost featured a too skinny section of branch. Branches almost always taper in a uniform manner; it is unnatural to have a skinnier section the middle as your repost did :). Using a Quick Mask with Transform allows you to tinker with the the thickness of a layer.

Otherwise, your repost was excellent.

Ofer Levy
05-22-2011, 08:33 PM
My comment had to do with the fact that your repost featured a too skinny section of branch. Branches almost always taper in a uniform manner; it is unnatural to have a skinnier section the middle as your repost did :). Using a Quick Mask with Transform allows you to tinker with the the thickness of a layer.

Otherwise, your repost was excellent.
This is a REPOST that took me 20 seconds to make just in order to show what I mean...:w3
You haven't said anything about the signature being cut off....

Arthur Morris
05-22-2011, 08:41 PM
This is a REPOST that took me 20 seconds to make just in order to show what I mean...:w3
You haven't said anything about the signature being cut off....

You must be some sort of magician.

Sachin Saraf
05-24-2011, 11:19 PM
Wow everything is so perfect about this image and you made it even better after touching the branch.

Very Nice!