PDA

View Full Version : Northern Parula

Pierre Larouche
05-19-2011, 09:01 PM
Hello everyone,

I took this photo of this Northern Parula last weekend. It's seems a little chick. The cold temperature can explain that pose.

ISO: 640
Exposition: 1/250 s
Ouverture: 5.6
Longueur focale: 400mm

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_m7f6RuLbv3M/TdBeiSN7DSI/AAAAAAAACMg/RtPbwD38pmk/s800/IMG_1413.JPG

Randy Stout
05-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Pierre:

Really fluffed up, or too many seeds? Sharp on the face, well exposed, nice scale to the perch.

The leaves to the right are bright enough that they distract my eye from the bird. I would try and tone them down a bit, and perhaps clone out the one almost touching the bird.

A little more depth of field would have helped the bird, but made the leaves even more noticeable.

Be sure to post your camera, and lens particulars. It helps us make more informed critiques.

Cheers

Randy

Robert Holguin
05-20-2011, 02:56 AM
Great pose this little one has given you. Excellent detail, but I do agree about having more dof, and if it where mine I would clone out the flowers. Other than that wonderful shot.

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Randy has covered this in great detail. I do like the composition but the problem is that bright light on the leaves. Clearly, the conditions were tough to photograph here. I'd say you did quite well.