PDA

View Full Version : iPad problem

allanrube
05-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I cannot scroll horizontally to see the right hand side of images. ?????

Chris Ober
05-20-2011, 05:29 AM
Can you try a different style?

allanrube
05-20-2011, 07:19 AM
I tried all the styles. None of them allow me to scroll horizontally.

Hilary Hann
05-24-2011, 02:33 AM
Allan I have the same problem on my iphone. Only started after the new look forum started. I find that you can scroll by using 2 fingers to pull the image across. Probably will work with the ipad as well, although it still makes it hard to evaluate the overall composition of an image.

allanrube
05-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Hilary, glad I am not the only one with the problem. I did as you suggested but then the left side of the image is gone. I hope there can be a fix.

Here is what I see on my desktop - the image I uploaded (top) and what I see on my iPad (bottom.)

allanrube
05-27-2011, 12:37 PM
Any ideas? I post on dpreview and Nikon Cafe without this problem,

Chris Ober
05-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Any ideas? I post on dpreview and Nikon Cafe without this problem,

Not really. Tapatalk is installed here and I'll look at getting ForumRunner added as well, which may help. I don't have anyway to test or troubleshoot iPad or iPhone problems.

dpreview isn't using vBulletin and Nikon Cafe is using an older version. That's probably why you don't have problems there.

allanrube
05-27-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks for your explanation of the other forums.
I think the staff should buy you an iPad so you can test for such differences. :S3:

Chris Ober
05-27-2011, 07:14 PM
:)

Not really needed. Between a Nook, laptop, blackberry, and desktops. I have all the gadgets I want or need.

Are you able to zoom out on the iPad like you can on the full OS (ctrl - or cmd -)? That's what I do on the smaller laptop displays to see the full images. Yes, it makes the text small too....

allanrube
05-27-2011, 07:51 PM
I can zoom in and out but that isn't the problem. On other forums I see the entire image. If I scroll out the page gets smaller. The same thing happens here. I see the page but not the entire image. If I zoom out the page, both text and image, get smaller. However, I still only see the same partial image I saw before, just smaller.
Just like in post 5.

RichardCurtin
05-28-2011, 09:20 AM
Have been having the same problem on an iPad and thought it was my settings.

allanrube
05-28-2011, 10:28 AM
The problem is that you cannot scroll horizontally. On my desktop I have 2 monitors. On my smaller one - 19 in 1280 by 1024 resolution. I cannot see the entire image at once but can scroll. On my larger monitor with 1920 by 1200 resolution I can see the image without scrolling.

I mentioned Nikon Cafe above. On that forum I can see the image without scrolling on my smaller monitor and can see it on my iPad too.

It has nothing to do with posting wider images here as I post 800 wide here and on NC and only have to scroll here.

Susan Candelario
08-15-2011, 08:58 PM
Kind of a late post to this thread... but just in case someone else has the same problem and does a search like I did looking for a solution. I too starting having the same issues as mentioned above on my IPad. I had to buy (only $1.99) and install ForumRunner as a workaround. All is well now.

Chad Caswell
08-15-2011, 09:04 PM
I have this problem with my Iphone, try using two fingers on the image when you scroll over.

Susan Candelario
08-15-2011, 09:09 PM
Hey Chad,
Thanks so much for your input. I tried that but then lost the other side. Also the nav bars (links) on the top of the page do not line up properly making it difficult to navigate or better yet impossible to access the page I want. At any rate I like FormRunner and its working good for me now.

Chris Ober
08-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the update, Susan. Good to know Forumrunner is working.