PDA

View Full Version : Spring from the bath

Steve Bein
05-19-2011, 01:01 AM
The bird just jumped up and I got this shot ( clear and also in the oil painting mode). Can anyone identify it?
Taken on an Alan Murphy workshop.

Indranil Sircar
05-19-2011, 12:24 PM
Steve, another outstanding composition! I guess this is a sparrow and with the hint of yellow on the scapulars, it could be an olive sparrow. Your timing with the lift-off is perfect for the water splash. I like the effect of the PB as well as the colors and specifically the green reflection. Nicely done.

Steve Bein
05-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Thanks, the timing was just luck. I have several images from the trip where I shot a series with the 1D MK IV at 10 frames per second and within 2/10th of a second from start they were out of the frame or nearly so. I was just doing a bathing sequence and with good luck the bird took off while I was shooting. As far as the id, you are right on. More coming in the next week.

Paul Lagasi
05-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Nice capture, luck is what you need some days...great effect and composition...might be a female siskin but just a guess

Kerry Perkins
05-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Steve, I love the bird bath pic with all the water spray. Very cool painting effect too! :c3:

denise ippolito
05-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Very cool look to the water-the splash is outstanding! Love the drenched look.