05-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Canon 7D
Canon 500 L IS
1/500
ISO 400
F4

BenBotha
05-18-2011, 07:44 AM
I need help. The image is much sharper before posting, the colours after posting is also over saturated. Any suggestions. The image size was 800x560 and only 187 KB. Why the changes after posting?

Ben

Dumay de Boulle
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM
IQ looks good to me...But the color is a bit much...Check Steve 's instructions for preparing JPEG to post on BPN, you will find it on top of all the posted threads thumbnails under "Sticky Threads"...It helped me in the beginning when I stared as I had the same problems.

Morkel Erasmus
05-18-2011, 03:48 PM
nice seeing a hyrax (dassie) here Ben - was this taken at Augrabies?

lovely pose and light but I can see what you mean about the colour (sharpness looks good from my side)

I think it might be an issue with colour space - make sure your images for ALL web use are set to sRGB and not Adobe RGB or any other colour space as browsers struggle to render these accurately. Steve's instructions will certainly be helpful! :w3

Ian Cassell
05-18-2011, 09:13 PM
It's hard to believe these are related to elephants ...

Ben, I like the composition and the in-your-face expression is wonderful. Good focus where it belongs. I look forward to seeing it when you get your color space worked out.

Harshad Barve
05-18-2011, 11:07 PM
This excellent image with great pose and clarity , sRGB should sort out issues
TFS

Ken Watkins
05-19-2011, 03:04 AM
Hi Ben,

This is a problem that occurs regularly for me when converting to JPEG, using the save for web process which has always been the method recommended for posting here, only the author has changed over time.

I even get totally differing colours on screen when the two images are side by side, but they revert to relatively similar when I reopen the JPEG. I always try to remember to check the JPEG after creating it to see if it needs some modification, the only problem is that if you do more modification you can loose a little more quality.

Nice to see Adassie as they are so often overlooked, and they can often provide great poses as you have captured here.

Steve Kaluski
05-19-2011, 03:23 AM
Hi Ben not sure if this is FF or not, but if you have it, I feel that by moving the whole crop down a bit more so you have more space at the foot rather than at the top the composition would work better.

Great posture and good to see a different species.

TFS
Steve

BenBotha
05-19-2011, 06:04 AM
Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. The main problem is that the image seems to be changed by posting it. The Jpeg before posting is fine, especially the colours. I'll redo the whole image and try to repost from scratch.

Ben

Robert Amoruso
05-19-2011, 08:45 AM
Ben,

Desaturate more and over sharpen some and post into a new pane here to see how it looks.

I agree with the comments above and feel more room below would be good.

Morkel Erasmus
05-19-2011, 12:22 PM
Ben - here is my "save for web" screen with the exact settings I use, and I have never picked up a problem with colour variations...

BenBotha
05-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Ben,

Desaturate more and over sharpen some and post into a new pane here to see how it looks.

I agree with the comments above and feel more room below would be good.

Repost: USM, slight crop, smart sharpen after size reduction-28%, slight increase in contrast and width 1000.

BenBotha
05-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Thanks everybody for the help and suggestions. The repost does IMHO look better. Thanks again. I think I found the problem. I checked the first image in Zoom browser before uploading and increased the contrast because it looked a little flat. The repost was done completely in CS5.

Ben

Steve Kaluski
05-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Vast improvement Ben, looks much better, with great detail in the face. :cheers:

Morkel Erasmus
05-19-2011, 03:24 PM
repost rocks!! :5

Pieter de Waal
05-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Repost is great Ben, love the expression and detail.

Ken Watkins
05-21-2011, 02:09 AM
Ben,

Just goes to show, that is best to check via "prevew post", I am sure this is what you intended to post in the first place.

It is now truly splendid:cheers::cheers::cheers: