PDA

View Full Version : ocean moonlight

peter delaney
05-18-2011, 06:41 AM
My firsy attempt at moonlight images... typical in a rush to get out I forgot my bag with my cable release... lol:S3: really enjoyed it ..will definitely try again

D3s nikon 200-400mm 30 secs f11 iso 1000

Dave Mills
05-18-2011, 08:38 AM
Hi Peter, I feel you technically handled the image well. Not being there I don't know if it was possible for you to have moved a bit more to the right., If you could have the merge of the large rock formation might have been avoided.
Question..did you add the sepia tone or was that the way it looked?

dankearl
05-18-2011, 06:15 PM
I like the colors and the water looks pretty nice.
I would lighten up the foreground in PP.
I realize it is a night shot but a little creative license would give it a bit more pop.

Robert Amoruso
05-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Peter,

The water is really cool looking and I like the rocks in the water and the layering caused by the fog/sea spray, etc.

The large rocks in the FG, IMO are hurting the much more interesting aspects of the image as they are very dominating but not very interesting. IMO would have been best to get closer to the water (if possible) and lessened their intrusion in the FG.

Nice work and definitely keep it up. Looks like a cool area to try this out at.

Rachel Hollander
05-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Peter - I too really like the water, the layers of fog/mist and rocks in the water. I agree that the dark rocks in the fg dominate a bit too much but still like the image.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
05-19-2011, 01:30 PM
Hey Peter,
I told you it would be addictive! I have to agree with the others on the FG......but those rocks will have a very cool eerie feel if you can isolate them. Nice job focusing too!

Indranil Sircar
05-19-2011, 08:17 PM
I like this a lot... I will have to try this sometime. I think you handled this very well.

Judy Howle
05-21-2011, 12:32 PM
I love the water and layered look of the rocks and mist in the background. I might try lightening some of the foreground rocks if it were mine.

peter delaney
05-22-2011, 03:51 PM
thanks Guys and Gals..!!

sorry for my late reply...
Dave.. no sepia added .. I was on top of rock close to edge.. with full tide crashing below:eek:.. have been back since and found a better position further up.. so will go back again.. next full moon..

Robert.. agree with your assessment ....

Dan/Rachel/Judy.. agree with lightening FG

Roman.. my addiction is all your fault !!
have to say the focussing really gave me problems with the longer lenses.. eventually got it sorted.. I have even more '' Respect " for your night images !! :c3: