PDA

View Full Version : Chintsa Curves

Morkel Erasmus
05-17-2011, 03:24 PM
Seems like the Landscape forum is rather quiet, so I thought I'd post another one!!

I don't get to shoot seascapes that much...since taking up photography the majority of my trips have been wildlife-oriented and if I get to shoot nice landscapes I would be happy.

During a recent visit to family in East London on South Africa's Wild Coast, I met up with another photographer and we went to the holiday town of Chintsa early one morning for a sunrise shoot. We knew it was overcast and having good light was iffy, but you never know!

Eventually the sun broke through some clouds. I liked the curvature in the rocks at this spot. This is a 3-image blend processed with Tony Kuyper's Triple Blend method.

All feedback appreciated.

Techs:
Canon 7D with 10-22mm USM
f22 @ ISO-100

Dave Mills
05-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Morkel, good eye on this one finding that area that gave you a leading line. Well handled technically(good job with the natural HDR) and the bouncing light adding drama to the sky. A small nit is adding just bit to the bottom otherwise a very nice job!!!

dankearl
05-17-2011, 07:31 PM
I would not know it was HDR if you hadn't mentioned it.
It is a bit "brown" I think and would have been better with better light, but you take what you can get.
Well done.

Morkel Erasmus
05-18-2011, 03:14 PM
thanks Dave and Earl

yes I wished for better water colour but with tumultuous seas and overcast weather you can't expect more than brown :e3

Robert Amoruso
05-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Nice one Morkel I agree with the above comments.

Rachel Hollander
05-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Morkel - nicely done, I too like the leading lines.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
05-19-2011, 01:25 PM
Hey Morkel,
I think you positioned everything very nicely with the lines leading you nicely. Did you try going for a warmer WB? I do think you can tweak this a bit more as the sunrays and sky would hold up to an agressive FG tweak. Just something for you to play around with.

Indranil Sircar
05-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Hi Morkel, I love the perspective with the sun rays breaking through the cloud. Very nice!

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Morkel, very nice. excellent comp., perspective and dynamic range. very well done.

Andrew McLachlan
06-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Hi Morkel, a little late to the party, but this is very nicely composed. Agree with Roman's suggestions that will take it up a notch!

Morkel Erasmus
06-03-2011, 04:10 PM
thanks for your comments folks

Roman - will tweak it a bit when I find a few minutes lying around :eek::w3