PDA

View Full Version : St. Augustine Lighthouse Garden walk

Cheryl Slechta
05-17-2011, 03:10 PM
This started out as an infrared image. I used Silver Efex Dark Sepia and changed the toning and added a vignette, then used 2 textures from Shadowhouse, then a slight Nik Color Polaroid and finally a warming photo filter.
Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions appreciated.:S3:

Brendan Dozier
05-17-2011, 07:58 PM
Cheryl, I really like your infrared images, especially on trees. Very nicely seen, captured, and processed image, love the twisting flow of the branches and the softening effect on the leaves. I'm not sure about the lamp post, I might want to do a version with it removed to compare the two.

Andrew McLachlan
05-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi Cheryl, love all those twisting tree branches. Nicely aged also. I wonder about darkening the tree leaves and perhaps desaturating the grass a little. :S3:

denise ippolito
05-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Cheryl, I think it certainly looks like an old photo to me. The lamp post has me thinking too...Maybe a version w/o it. BUT the lamp post does add to the aged look of the photo. I'm curious what others think:S3:

Christopher Miller
05-17-2011, 08:20 PM
Very lovely scene, Cheryl. I like all the twisting tree branches, and very nice aging and color toning. I might prefer a little more detail, as opposed to the soft, almost painterly feel this has, but maybe that was your intention. I would like to see the lamp post stand out more from the trees, though I'm not sure exactly how. Maybe turning on the lamp post would work. :w3

Steve Adkins
05-17-2011, 08:46 PM
For me, the lamp post is the cherry on top of a unique and beautiful vision, Cheryl. The linear qualities mixed with the amazing tree limbs really draws me in. That said... I would love to see a soft filament's glow added for a variation on the theme. :S3:

Mark Fuge
05-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Nice image and application, Cheryl.

Love the trees and all the interest they add.

Judy Howle
05-18-2011, 12:46 PM
I like the overall effect, the composition, and especially the twisting tree limbs. I think a little glow from the lamp would put it over the top.

Anita Bower
05-19-2011, 03:27 PM
I love everything about it except for the lamppost. Gorgeous tress, original image and pp.

Cheryl Slechta
05-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Here's my attempt at adding light (my first). I definitely wanted to include the lampost so I darkened the image, added tonal contrast in Nik Color and then used a lens flare.
Thanks for looking:S3:

Brendan Dozier
05-19-2011, 07:02 PM
That really looks great Cheryl! That was the perfect solution regarding the lamp post, because now it makes for a much stronger anchor to the image. Good suggestion by Christopher. :S3:

Anita Bower
05-20-2011, 04:46 AM
Wow! Great solution. Now, the lamppost is the center of attention and the trees add to the mystery of the foggy night. Good work adding light! Looks realistic.

Christopher Miller
05-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Great job turning on the lamp post, Cheryl! Now the image looks rather mysterious drawing you right into it. Very well done! :S3:

denise ippolito
05-21-2011, 06:04 AM
Very nice Cheryl, I might warm the tone of the light coming from the lamp post just a little.:S3:

Cheryl Slechta
05-21-2011, 06:26 AM
Thanks for your comments. Figuring out how to do the light was fun and I had tried to make the light warmer on the original but here is a different attempt. Is this better?

Judy Howle
05-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Excellent 2nd repost Cheryl!