PDA

View Full Version : White-crowned Sparrow posing pretty.

Daniel Cadieux
05-17-2011, 05:20 AM
Last week I commented on a poster's image of the White-crowned Sparrow that I had no luck with this species. I guess I had to open my trap publicly to have my luck turn around for me!:t3 From a friend's backyard feeder setup (thanks Wayne).

Canon 30D + 100-400L @400mm, manual exposure, evaluative metering, 1/800s., f/6.3, ISO 400 (settings histogram checked with test image off the perch), natural light, handheld. Small distracting part of the perch cloned out, and extra flower added in LLC for balance.

Ofer Levy
05-17-2011, 05:30 AM
This is really nice! Sharp with excellent detail, eye contact and pose. BG is nice too. Since this is a setup I would prefer to see a nicer perch and make sure the flowers are right next to the perch (Murphy's style) rather than being round oof spots which is rather distracting IMO.

Pierre Larouche
05-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Very beautiful picture of this species. Good Job Daniel!

RakeshDhareshwar
05-17-2011, 06:52 AM
I think you have nailed this one !!! The flowers are sufficiently OOF , not to distract me . Beautiful pose , sharpness and BG .

Jim Crosswell
05-17-2011, 07:42 AM
I like the pose, perch, details and sharpness. Well done Daniel! I had a lot of these sparrows at the house for one week and now they are gone.

Doug Brown
05-17-2011, 08:42 AM
Like the alert pose and nice feather detail. Good eye contact too. I'm plus/minus on the OOF yellow flowers in the BG, which draw my eye away from the subject.

Sudhir Shivaram
05-17-2011, 10:17 AM
That's a cute little bird Daniel. The lighting is so pleasant and the details stand out. I love the balance in the background, the greens with the little yellows. A good catch indeed.

Now you need to check the next bird in your wish list, find that bird on BPN and comment on it stating you had no luck with that species :)

Kiran Poonacha
05-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Great IQ DC... Nice pose, good details and the setting adds well...:cheers:

Steve Wasson
05-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Excellent image all the way around. I like the perch and the background. I agree that the flowers are sufficiently OOF. For me, color adds interest to the image.

MohsenVahedipour
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Great image in all aspects. I like excellent detail & sharpness, lovely Background & perfect lighting conditions. TFS

Randy Stout
05-17-2011, 08:14 PM
Daniel:

Well done, with softly dappled, but well positioned light (or subject more accurately).

I like the abstract quality of the flowers in the background, the color def. adds to the spring time feel.

The perch is a bit beefy for me, but at least the curving lines soften it. Wish the stub wasn't there.

Cheers

Randy

arash_hazeghi
05-17-2011, 09:41 PM
nice pose and details, if it is a setup you should be able to find a nicer perch, this one isn't bad either

Hendri Venter
05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Love the pose, detail and DOF. Great image.

Juan Carlos Vindas
05-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Very sharp and with great light. A stunner bird indeed. I am with Doug about the yellow flowers on BG. would include other colors (flowers) or would not include any. Just my 2cents.