05-14-2011, 01:03 PM
40D, EF 100mm macro
F25
1/3 sec
ISO 200
Manual mode, natural light, tripod

Chris Ober
05-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Nice lines, colors, presentation. I like it! Orange bananas :)

Mitch Haimov
05-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Another well done image, Ovidiu. Nice curving lines and textures. The transillumination in LL draws my eye away from the FG so that aspect of this image doesn't really work for me. Backlighting would be great for an image where it accented the sharp area/subject rather than the BG. Feels a bit clipped at the bottom--cropping a little from the bottom would help that.

Randy Stout
05-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Ovidiu:

The sense of depth, curving/repeating lines and texture is really appealing here. Rich colors.
From a symmetry point, I would like to have the entire lower petal tips.

The transillumination in the lower left corner is subtle enough that it doesn't bother me.

Cheers

Randy

Steve Maxson
05-15-2011, 09:44 AM
Another nice one Ovidiu. I like the curving lines and multiple shades of orange. Mitch has already covered my thoughts on the image - those couple tweaks will take this already strong image up a notch or two. :S3:

Jonathan Ashton
05-16-2011, 06:53 AM
I like the composition and the colours - very pleasant shot, I think it would make a good print.

Roman Kurywczak
05-17-2011, 10:39 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
Nice job finding an unusual comp! I like the light and colors on this. I do like some of the suggested tweaks recommended but still....very nicely done as presented in the OP.

Anita Bower
05-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Very beautiful. I like the composition very much. Repeating patterns, and lines. Shades of the same color. Tight crop. I would tone down the brighter orange in LL corner, but that is all I would change. Well done!