PDA

View Full Version : Four spotted chaser

thijs broekkamp
05-12-2011, 12:12 PM
This one was getting out of his 'skin', only stuck with his last wing though. Couldn't get the whole wings sharp, the background came to disturbing with a lower aperature.

Sigma 150mm, wired remote, tripod, mirror lock up

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/_MG_1454bwrktsrgbfull.jpg

Jerry van Dijk
05-13-2011, 02:31 AM
Hi Thijs, very well done and I like that you were present at just the right moment. Exellent colors, sharpness and contrast. I don't mind that the wings aren't in focus. I would crop a little off the left and top. I like the BG very much. It gives a great sense of the heather environment without distracting from the subject. Well done!

bhavya joshi
05-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Good captured..Thijs .. nice details and moments.. going on.. I like BG too.. Suits with humid climate.

Mitch Haimov
05-13-2011, 11:31 AM
I agree with all the above, Thijs. But I would crop fairly close to the left edge of the perch and a little from the right as well--perhaps retaining top and cropping to square. This also would have been a good candidate for a vertical composition. That BG is sweet. Way to capture the moment!

Steve Maxson
05-13-2011, 08:02 PM
Hi Thijs. Excellent sharpness within your DOF, nice light, good colors, and the water droplets add interest. The image also tells a story - they don't all emerge unscathed! I would agree with the cropping suggestions which will really focus our attention on your dramatic subject. Well done.

Roman Kurywczak
05-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey Thijs,
I really like the BG in this one.....and don't mind the wings going OOF in this case......it is sharp where it needs it! I would prefer Jerry's crop recommendation though.....as I like them tighter....but all in all....very well done!

Ken Childs
05-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Hi Thijs, this one has been covered pretty well already....cropping in tighter will definitely improve it.

Please don't forget to get us as much information as possible. The minimum you should tell us is the camera model, lens, shutter speed, aperture and iso. More information is always better. :S3: