PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise at the IJsselmeer

Menno Schaefer
05-12-2011, 09:14 AM
This sunrise is taken at the IJsselmeer in Holland.

Canon 7d 24-105mm at 105mm 1/250 f7,1 iso100 handheld
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll320/schaef67/Landschap/IJselmeerochtend1.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey Menno,
Welcome to the forum! I liek the colors you have in the image. I do think you can lighten this just a touch....especially in the darker area of sky to give the trees a touch more seperation. The sun is placed in a good location but I do have some issues with the image. It doesn't appear to be a cloud.....perhaps a dispersing con-trail? In any case.....it's shpe and brightness draws the eye away from the rest of the scene and the wonderful colors! You clipped the tree on the LH side and that is an easy fix with a crop.....but the cloud....not so much. You can go to a pano crop and eliminate the "cloud"....but IMO you then lose too much of the red color. I do think if you crop 1/2 the sky and then patch the brightest area out it would be stronger.....but only if you are OK with such manipulation. Soetimes these things work in our favor but in this case the cloud takes away from the appeal of the entire image for my tastes.

Dave Mills
05-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Hi Menno, agree with all of Roman's good points. I would also suggest a crop from the right to a bit before the tree. I reposted an alternate version...

Harshad Barve
05-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Welcome Menno , Nice image and excellent suggestions above
TFS

Robert Amoruso
05-13-2011, 06:47 AM
Welcome Menno,

I would agree with Roman's assessment above and like Dave's alternate crop.

Menno Schaefer
05-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the update I like it to and I did not think about this crop.

Menno

Andrew McLachlan
05-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Welcome Menno, I agree with the previously mentioned comments. Dave's crop works nicely for this image too! Look forward to more of your imagery.

Rachel Hollander
05-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Menno - Welcome! Good advice above and the repost works well.

TFS,
Rachel

Roger Clark
05-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Hello Menno,

Welcome!

Very nice image. I do not like the crop that crops out the cloud. The cloud is unique. I would crop the right side up to the tree, and the left side, crop just inside the tree that is cut off.

(I love the Netherlands. I go to Noordwijk periodically.)

Roger