PDA

View Full Version : Pele's Serpent

Mark Fuge
05-11-2011, 08:27 AM
This does not fit this week's theme, but was getting back to the workflow and thought it was interesting.

The original is a shot of the IOA Needle on the Island of Maui. The modifications were many, including; Fractalius, Polar Coordinates, Ajdust, and other PS and Topaz adjustments. Unfortunately it was one of those that just kept going. When I "was done" it reminded me of a serpent and being a Hawaiian image, with the fire image ... hence the title.

Enjoy!:w3

Mark Fuge
05-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Here is the original image, for your info and enjoyment! :w3

Julie Kenward
05-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Amazing! I think this is very visual and I think you nailed the 'serpent' feel of it. I might consider moving that white border line on the left frame over a bit to give it just a tiny bit more room there - maybe halfway between where it is now and the left edge.

denise ippolito
05-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Mark, Another very different abstract from you. The center vertical line distracts me a little-not sure if that was your intention:S3:. Like the colors and the framing.

Brendan Dozier
05-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Mark, that is an amazing transformation, and cool looking abstract composition. I love those ones where you just kind of enjoy the creative process and see where it leads you.

Cheryl Slechta
05-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Mark, a wonderfully abstract transformation. I'm glad you're back:S3:

Mark Fuge
05-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Amazing! I think this is very visual and I think you nailed the 'serpent' feel of it. I might consider moving that white border line on the left frame over a bit to give it just a tiny bit more room there - maybe halfway between where it is now and the left edge.

Thanks Jules for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

I looked at widening the left margin area, but due to the BG lines on the right, felt it was balanced. But appreciate your feeling, as I had the same feeling at first. :w3

Mark Fuge
05-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Mark, Another very different abstract from you. The center vertical line distracts me a little-not sure if that was your intention:S3:. Like the colors and the framing.

Thanks Denise, for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Not sure what line you're talking about, is it the "horizontal" line on on the right ... that I added so you would have something to comment on!! :w3 :bg3: If that is the line, it is the effect of the Polar Coordinates, as you know. I didn't want to blend it, as I did like the effect, but also appreciate that it "caught your eye!" :2eyes2:

Mark Fuge
05-12-2011, 10:43 AM
Mark, that is an amazing transformation, and cool looking abstract composition. I love those ones where you just kind of enjoy the creative process and see where it leads you.

Thanks Brendan for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Sometimes it just comes and keeps coming and you finally have to say STOP! :w3 That's what happened here. But I liked the results.

Mark Fuge
05-12-2011, 10:45 AM
Mark, a wonderfully abstract transformation. I'm glad you're back:S3:

Thanks Cheryl for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Been a long "vacation" and not all enjoyable, with the 'puter issues and all. But I think I will be here for a while now. I will also keep practicing for Abstract week ... :w3