PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cream Scoop.

bhavya joshi
05-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Taken early morning..yellow rose, No any kind of editing.. full image.. I think little more space below the scoop will be better..
With Canon A495
F/4.5
ISO:80
Exposure -2
Flash-fired.
Suggestion and comments are always welcome.:S3:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/227371_216104201752977_100000601962672_809760_6155 019_n.jpg

Jonathan Ashton
05-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Hmm - not too sure about this - was it intentionally soft scoop?
The image is not sharp but I can appreciate this may have been your intention. For me I am sorry to say it does not quite hit the mark, the main flower head is not in an ideal position - too central and perhaps a little low also. Please feel free to disagree with me - hey this is only my opinion.

Brendan Dozier
05-11-2011, 08:35 PM
This really does look like a scoop of ice cream, Joshi. Nice soft light and color, and the slight OOF helps with the effect. Agree the scoop is a bit too centered and image could use a bit more room below.

bhavya joshi
05-12-2011, 08:12 AM
I definitely agree with both of you.. More room below the scoop will be better..And i Now there is no sharpness but I intentionally make this scoop soft for looks, like...Ice cream scoop. :w3
But thanks for comments ...I have try my best.

Steve Maxson
05-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Hi Joshi. Excellent title. :bg3: I would agree about the comp and I think that brightening the "scoop" itself would help. :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Hey Joshi,
It does look like an ice cream scoop. Agree with the others that it may need a bit more sharpness. I like your idea.....so if you go back in post processing and leave the scoop shaper....and tweak some of the other areas.....you can make this work. Nice idea and way to think outside the norm!

Anita Bower
05-13-2011, 06:15 AM
The color and shape do look like a scoop of luscious ice cream. Yum!

The softness does not bother me. How about making it even softer? Here is one idea. I rotated clockwise, cropped, applied levels twice, contrast, peach colored brush to even out color in background. I applied Orton effect (copied image, blurred using Gaussian Blur and enlarged to 101%, them put in on top of original image and lowered opacity some blending at soft light. I also let some of the edges remain a bit more pronounced using a mask.

bhavya joshi
05-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks Anita.. Thanks for re-post for me.. Nice idea.. its help me a lot. In this image there is no chance of sharpness can get back.. The only one option is softness of image we remain as it is.. or increase more softness.. as you did. I have taken this image like this only to looks like Scoop..
so.. Hope you all like my idea..

Thanks again all of you.. giving nice Idea and help.:S3: