PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Steve

Harshad Barve
05-10-2011, 02:20 AM
Dear All

Made this in Bandhavgarh with D3 , 200-400/F4 at F5 at 400MM, ISO 800 , 1/500

This image of B2 is for you Steve K on your birthday. Many happy returns of the day and enjoy.

All comments are most welcome
Harshad

Steve Kaluski
05-10-2011, 02:46 AM
If I had an image like this, greeting like this each day Harshad...:S3:

Many thanks indeed, one special image, thank you Sir. :5

Steve

Hilary Hann
05-10-2011, 02:57 AM
Another top class environmental tiger image Harshad.

Happy Birthday Steve!

Dumay de Boulle
05-10-2011, 03:22 AM
Gorgeous image Harshad...Love the colors and the environment. Sidelight is really special!

Happy Birthday Steve!

Rachel Hollander
05-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Nice head on look and environment shot. Well done.

Happy Birthday Steve :cheers::cheers:

Roger Clark
05-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Harsha,

Superb light! I really like the backlit tiger. It seems the tiger is leaning to the left. There is also a tree leaning to the left in the background. It seems to me the image needs clockwise rotation.

Roger

Harshad Barve
05-10-2011, 08:09 AM
It seems the tiger is leaning to the left.

The tiger was leaning Roger , You can see straight tree in picture :S3:

Roger Clark
05-10-2011, 09:11 AM
The tiger was leaning Roger , You can see straight tree in picture :S3:

Harshad,

The foreground tree is vertical at the bottom, but it too leans left toward the top. The tree on the right edge is leaning right and the tree in the back is leaning a lot to the left. That leads me, as a viewer, to conclude no tree may be vertical. The tiger just seems off balance, like it is about to fall over.

Roger

Ken Watkins
05-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Harshad,

The foreground tree is vertical at the bottom, but it too leans left toward the top. The tree on the right edge is leaning right and the tree in the back is leaning a lot to the left. That leads me, as a viewer, to conclude no tree may be vertical. The tiger just seems off balance, like it is about to fall over.

Roger

Roger,
I agree with you entirely on the rotation (sorry Harshad) I have a similar image although much closer 500mm in MkIV, and my tiger is relatively upright.

Harshad Barve
05-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Harshad,

Roger

Roger,
I agree with you entirely on the rotation (sorry Harshad) I have a similar image although much closer 500mm in MkIV, and my tiger is relatively upright.

Thanks Roger and Ken , but would love to see this as it is , Your detailed explanation is much appreciated. But this may be personal taste and I hope both of you don't mind it

Morkel Erasmus
05-10-2011, 02:37 PM
gorgeous light and tiger and scene here Harshadbhai!

I do find myself agreeing with Roger and Ken here...to me the tiger is a much stronger focal point and "gauge" of what the "horizon" should be than any of the trees (as it should be - tigers command so much attention), and thus my perception is also that it is "toppling" over...IMHO this doesn't need a lot of rotation, in that you don't need the tiger fully "upright" but just rotated slightly to the RHS to avoid this look.

But, as you say, it's all taste in the end. Could just give my own perception which echoes what others have seen in this image. That being said - I would LOVE it if this was mine :bg3:

Roger Clark
05-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Thanks Roger and Ken , but would love to see this as it is , Your detailed explanation is much appreciated. But this may be personal taste and I hope both of you don't mind it

Harshad,

Sure no problem. Your were there and it is your image. Regardless of any perceived rotation, I REALLY like your image.

Roger