PDA

View Full Version : Male Eastern Bluebird With Prey ~ High Key

Jim Fenton
05-09-2011, 08:31 PM
Image created this evening with sun peaking through from the west and total cloud cover to the east behind the subject.

Nikon D300s, 600VR, TC14EII, ISO 800, 1/200, F8, CW Metering, NearUniWB, +2.3 EV

James Shadle
05-09-2011, 10:15 PM
Jim,
This image has a lot to offer.
It has a beautiful subject displaying an interesting behavior. There is eye contact between the viewer and your subject. The image is exposed well (especially for a high key) and nice and sharp.

It is also composed well with the subject located in the right of the frame, body facing towards the negative space.

IMO a little off the top would make this image even stronger.

Dave Leroy
05-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Lovely image Jim. As well as what James has mentioned I really like the colours and dof with all the fine detail.

Excellent job.

Dave

WIlliam Maroldo
05-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Jim; IMO pretty close to a perfect image. A beautiful bird, a nice colorful insect, phenomenal feather detail, perfect DOF, a nice perch, excellent exposure and lighting. I agree, a little off the top . Well done. regards~Bill

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-10-2011, 12:05 AM
Jim, excellent. Interesting perch..liked it. HA, food, comp....terrific. High key treatment is working very well here.

I am finding it a tad oversharpened...or its perhaps a little noisy.

Stu Bowie
05-10-2011, 01:40 AM
Jim, those blues really pop against the high key BG, and you have captured the perfect pose. The sharpening looks fine, although around the eye, is borderline getting 'crispy'. I like the texture of the perch, and how it curves across the frame.

Ofer Levy
05-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Awesome techs and the prey is a real bonus! Not carzy about the BG.