PDA

View Full Version : Lesser Nighthawk resting in agave

Raul Padilla
05-08-2011, 11:53 AM
I was hide waiting for orioles when i see this like little hawk flying very low in the desert, i leave my tripode, walk very slowly, see this bird and then search the best angle for take this photo, then i return next day and next and nothing, i have only this opportunity

Canon 50D
500 mm
f8
1/500
iso 400

crop.

http://www.birdforum.net/gallery/data/532/medium/Chordeiles_acutipennis_texensis_Lesser_Nighthawk_1 200.jpg

Daniel Cadieux
05-08-2011, 12:22 PM
...and what an opportunity this was! I love how this fella is sitting delicately on the leaf. Harsh light, but I don't think I know anyone who would have bypaassed such a subject no matter what the light conditions. I would darken the ligh parts of the perch to lessen said hard light. More room at left for the tail tip, and below for the lower leaf would strenghten the comp IMO. I would also have opened up the aperture to lessen the impact of the background. Lastly, another round of sharpening on the face would be a good idea (tail seems sharper?)

Thanks for sharing!!:S3:

Ben_Sadd
05-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Definitely a nice bird to see and photograph. I agree with Daniel on the extra sharpening. Would it have been possible to have to take a couple of steps to the right? This could have lessened the impact of the background even more, and resulted in a better HA.