PDA

View Full Version : Clematis II

Julie Kenward
05-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Another from my series on clematis buds, this one still has some areas OOF but I think they are minor compared to the focal point of the image - but would love to hear what you all think.

Canon 40D, EF100mm f/2.8 macro
Manual mode, daylight WB, natural light
f5 @ 1/160th, ISO 400
Processed in ACR and CS5

denise ippolito
05-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Jules, I think you have enough in focus. I like the unique comp and the use of natural light. The colors look great.

Brendan Dozier
05-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Like how you placed the subject in the comp, Jules, nice lines, and nice green BG to compliment green of the plant. Seems to be enough focus to me, and I like that the edges are a bit soft this comp.

Julie Kenward
05-08-2011, 06:23 PM
Thanks Denise and Brendan. I was worried about that back piece that is so OOF but I think it's far enough away from the focal point that it isn't as disconcerting. Appreciate the feedback!

OvidiuCavasdan
05-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Nicely composed, I like the lines and the green tones. Good focus and perfect bg. A bit more dof for the petiole on right woul have been even better...Maybe a bit of blur on the left petiole?...just a thought...

Ken Childs
05-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Hey Jules, I love this comp with lines coming in from all sides and that bright green really says it's spring. The bud on the right is giving me problems, maybe because there's enough sharpness in the hairs to draw my eye but then I'm disappointed because the rest of it is just slightly OOF. I tried blurring it more and for my tastes, I liked it better.

Steve Maxson
05-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Hi Jules. You found another interesting subject! I like the comp, the light, color, exposure, and background are all good, and you have good sharpness within your DOF. I kind of like Ken's idea of blurring the bud on the right just a little. :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Hey Jules,
I like the comp lines....but on this one I think I would prefer more DOF......but not at the expense of the BG.....so fine line there!

Anita Bower
05-13-2011, 05:49 AM
I don't have much to add to this discussion. I like the green on green. I especially like the little hairs. In a perfect world, I would have removed the back bud, but then, you would have one less flower!