PDA

View Full Version : Fotosketcher Yellow-rumped Warbler

Paul Lagasi
05-08-2011, 03:58 AM
The other day I was out trying to improve on my image of a Eastern Yellow-rumped Warbler and had tracked this bird through the underbrush, when he came out in the open he flared his wings and ruffled his feathers for me.
Wished I'd had a bit more DOF, the bill and eyes are just out of focus a bit. I composed it and ran it through Fotosketcher...have a good day, the birds are really starting to move through, migration is in full swing

denise ippolito
05-08-2011, 07:09 AM
Paul, I like the pose and agree w/ you regarding the DOF. I would make the perch thinner if it were mine. Nice background and catch. I hope to get some little ones this year.:S3:

Kerry Perkins
05-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi Paul, it is a great time of the year and this little one is giving you some attitude! I like the way the colors of the bird are echoed by the environment. Perch and DOF noted, still a very nice image!

Cheryl Slechta
05-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Paul, I love yellow-rumped warblers! This one looks particularly ticked off at something:S3:

Maureen Allen
05-08-2011, 11:29 PM
What did you do to make this bird so mad at you?? :eek:

We have lots of these little guys around in the winter, but they've all left us now. I've heard them called "butter butts" :bg3: They're quick and seldom seem to sit still for long, making them a real challenge to photograph.

I like the fotosketcher treatment and the frame compliments this nicely.

Gus Hallgren
05-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Hi Paul;

The Devil made me do it as it seemed a challenge to make the perch thinner. I cropped out the right side line. Malipulated it with image rotation, moved it in place and fitted with eraser & BG eraser. Redid white border over black line, then replaced black line, then finished with minor PP

A fun experience

Gus aka MP

Andrew McLachlan
05-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Hi Paul, he certainly looks tick-off at you! Argee with DOF and the perch, but Gus did an amazing job in making the perch thinner.:S3:

denise ippolito
05-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Gus, You never stop amazing me!!!!:S3: