PDA

View Full Version : "Disagreement"

OvidiuCavasdan
05-07-2011, 11:50 AM
40D, EF 100mm macro
F25
1/3 sec
ISO 200
36mm extension tube, manual mode, tripod, natural light and collapsable reflector.
Osteospermum - African Daisy, poted plant, the flowers position was natural, did not set them this way.

Brendan Dozier
05-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Beautiful compostion and well seen, Ovidiu. Like flowing lines, detailed texture and tight frame. Love the title and nicely done as is, but wondering if a bit more blur to the top flower would make it stronger.

Jerry van Dijk
05-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi Ovidiu, very creative use of DOF! Somehow I keep wondering if I would like it better if the DOF was reversed (having the back flower in focus).

Julie Kenward
05-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Ovidiu, I love the thought behind this image and the composition really brings that out. I also like that this looked like a disagreement to you - you're seeing past the subject and creating a mood that others can relate to - and that's wonderful! :bg3::S3::bg3:

I did find myself wondering about the blue hue on the green leaves so I put the image into my Nik Color Efex software and ran "Remove color cast" and it totally changed the blue flowers to magenta. So my question is...what color are the flowers in real life? Is this a real color cast on your image or on mine?

I also added a dark vignette around the edges to intensify the mood that these two flowers are not happy with each other and left the center area of the prominent flower to shine through. Just my two cents worth... I still love the original post though!

denise ippolito
05-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Ovidiu, Beautiful looking image, I might crop some of the bottom portion off if it were mine. The bottom petals seem rough and draw my eye too much from the real interest of the image. I think somewhere in between the two posts as far as color cast.:S3:

OvidiuCavasdan
05-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks for comments.
Julie, in my opinion the colors in the OP are much closer to real life colors. In the repost the green is much too yellowish and the image looks too "warm" to me. Thanks for taking the time on the image.:S3:

OvidiuCavasdan
05-08-2011, 10:54 AM
I think somewhere in between the two posts as far as color cast.:S3:

good point.:bg3:

Ken Childs
05-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi Ovidiu, I like the OP and I like your repost even better! I know this isn't supposed to be bright and happy but it still feels just a touch too dark to me. Cropping a bit off the bottom seems like something worthwhile to explore.

Roman Kurywczak
05-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
I really like the comp in this one......just works flow wise! I wouldn't crop! I would consider softening that lower portion just a touch (can't believe I'm saying that:bg3:).....so it flows better with the rest of the image as it does draw the eye a bit too much. Still a fantastic effort overall.