PDA

View Full Version : Thor's Hammer

Roman Kurywczak
03-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Missed a light snow by a day when I got to Bryce........bummer:(......Taken with the digital Rebel and the rest....... I've misplaced :confused: so I'll look it up again and post it later. Polarizing filter was also used. Bryce is one of the unique places, like the slots, that at certain times of the day the light bounces around the monoliths and you get unusual lighting in the shadows.
As always, comments welcomed and appreciated,
Roman

Small Group Photo Tours
www.roaminwithroman.com (http://www.roaminwithroman.com)

Robert Amoruso
03-25-2008, 11:26 AM
You got that right Roman with the light. I have been there and the slides are all in a file. If only digital. I love the high saturation FG and how it contrasts with the BG colors that we expect. You have to have gone to appreciate the fact that it can and does look like this in the right light.

Alfred Forns
03-25-2008, 03:08 PM
This looks like a 3D Roman !!!!! All looks good from my end That is one place I would love to visit Big Time Congrats !!!!

Michael Pancier
03-25-2008, 06:01 PM
love this. different angle and composition are well done. normally the shots are from the opposite side. love this one.

Paul Marcellini
03-25-2008, 07:03 PM
Man that glows. Really well done.

John Cooper
03-26-2008, 04:03 AM
Wow - loads of impact here - very nicely composed. I've Seen a lot of images of Bryce Canyon in Outdoor Photography that I subscribe to. love to visit there one day!!
What time of day would you've photographed this one Roman?

Jason Vaclavek
03-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Beautiful colors here!
I hope to see this place in November this year.

Roman Kurywczak
03-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks All,
John......this one is about 2 & 1/2 hours after sunrise in early April. Jason.......should be ideal....especially if yo get snow. The light bounce in Bryce is crazy! Even 3 hours after sunrise you get unusaul light in different areas and the same applies to sunset.
Roman