PDA

View Full Version : First try at Silhouette

Roy Priest
05-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Taken in Eastern Oregon. Stilts in the last rays of sunlight.

Julie Kenward
05-05-2011, 07:53 PM
Roy, what a beautiful silhouette! If this were mine, I think I'd clone out the three more blurred birds and take a tiny bit off the bottom. I think that would make the infocus birds really stand out and simplify the image at the same time.

Beautiful colors...don't we all wish the world was as beautiful as this every night?

denise ippolito
05-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Roy, I think Jules makes a good suggestion regarding the bottom. I also feel that a silhouette usually looks best when tack sharp or intentionally blurred. I might be tempted to evict the OOF ones. I love the mood and the colors.:S3:

Brendan Dozier
05-05-2011, 09:05 PM
Very nice composition, Roy, and great first attempt. Has a very quiet feel to it. Like how each silhouette has a slightly different pose, and the reflected orange light against the dark blue is a nice touch. Good suggestions above to make it an even stronger image.

Paul Lagasi
05-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Nice for first attempt, some good advice above...keep trying thats the fun part, Roy....TFS

Andrew McLachlan
05-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Hi Roy, nice first silhouette! I agree with the comments above. They will help take this one up a notch! :S3: