PDA

View Full Version : African Spoonbill

Michael McSweeney
05-05-2011, 10:02 AM
http://www.outdoorphoto.co.za/gallery/data/523/African_Spoonbill_Pose_-_Small.jpg

This capture was taken at Rondevlei Nature Reserve with a Canon 7D using a Canon 400mm 5.6 L Telephoto lens

Doug Brown
05-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi Michael and welcome to BPN. I can see the image on your website, but can't get it to display here. I'm going to try to get this sorted out.

Doug Brown
05-05-2011, 12:34 PM
It turns out you need to right click on the image and copy the image address. Use that when you post the link on BPN. In this case the image has the following address:

http://www.outdoorphoto.co.za/gallery/data/523/African_Spoonbill_Pose_-_Small.jpg

Stu Bowie
05-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Hey Michael, welcome to BPN. Another South African joining the ranks. :w3 Good eye contact from the spoonbill, and the drooling water adds interest. The spoonbill is a little tight in the frame, bottom, left and top, so if you have the space, it would work better. Its best to post all your techs - Fstop, shutter speed, and any EC if you had it. Keep them coming.

Daniel Cadieux
05-05-2011, 07:56 PM
First off let me welcome you to BPN!:S3:

Neat species here, and I like the pose and the dripping water from the bill. I like the afro hairdo too. The composition is indeed tight all around. More breathing room would really help the image as the subject feels cramped in the frame. In this case a bit less of a head angle towards us would have provided better looking light on the face.

Looking forward to more, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!

James Shadle
05-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Welcome, welcome.
There is really nothing I can add other than I look forward to more of your images and comments.
James

Michael McSweeney
05-06-2011, 04:46 AM
Hi Michael and welcome to BPN. I can see the image on your website, but can't get it to display here. I'm going to try to get this sorted out.

Thanks Doug, much appreciated. Michael

Michael McSweeney
05-06-2011, 04:50 AM
Thanks Stuart, Daniel and James for comments and advise. Yip, should definately have given this one some more room around the edges, and will put all tech info on next image.:S3:

Randy Stout
05-06-2011, 07:15 AM
Michael:

The important details have been covered, just want to add my welcome to BPN.

Roseate spoonbills are very popular on the site, so nice to see some of the other 'models':S3:

Cheers

Randy