PDA

View Full Version : Weeklly Theme -- Charlie and Sara Waiting for a Home

Linda Dulak
05-04-2011, 08:34 AM
This is a shot of Charlie (orange) and Sara (calico), foster cats living in my home. They were born to feral cats in a colony in a nearby town. They were originally my fosters as kittens 3 years ago before they were adopted. Unfortunately, their owner passed away and they are now looking for a new home. Until then, they are staying at my house.

This image was taken the middle of April as they sat in a window watching the outside activities. The vinca was blooming just outside and was reflected in the window (along with my image). The original image was a bit out of the box due to the reflections, but I used a dry brush filter on this to give a more painterly look to these two beauties. I hope you like it! And remember these sweet kitties ARE looking for a home!!!

Nikon D7000, AF-S Nikkor 28-300 @300mm, ISO 1600, f 5.6, 1/100sec, hand held

Indranil Sircar
05-04-2011, 02:06 PM
Linda, this is beautiful. I love the context of 'waiting for a home' and the overall composition itself. I like how Sara emerges from the bg and well balanced by Charlie with his pose. I also like the glass on top with the reflection. Beautifully processed.

Andrew McLachlan
05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Very nice Linda! I like how you processed this one. Their pose is quite nice also. :S3:

Steve Adkins
05-04-2011, 04:37 PM
I like the painterly effect, Linda. The flower reflections is so cool because we can see part of what they are watching. :S3:

denise ippolito
05-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Linda, Great idea using the reflection. I like the painterly feel. I might take a little off the top to bring the eye down towards the kitties more-but it is just a suggestion. Nice to see you posting.:S3:

Linda Dulak
05-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks everyone. This is my first try outside the box in both in camera and in processing. I guess I'll have to keep trying as it was fun trying out different filters and seeing their effects on the base image.

Linda

Anita Bower
05-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Wonderful of you to take in foster cats and find homes for them. They look content. I like how they are positioned, facing each other and looking out, parallel figures.